JG Steyr Aug (y) or (n)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Steyr Aug (y) or (n)

I'm looking to buy a first time Aeg, I have been thinking about getting an aug, i just wandered what the world thought?

Or do you have any better ideas? My price range is probably less than £150

cheer

Re: JG Steyr Aug (y) or (n)

Yeah M4/G36 cant go wrong
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

I had one as my first gun, Brilliant performers, the dual trigger system takes a bit to get used to, but is easy enough to use and not a hinderence at all, the only thing i will say, is replace the hop and inner barrel with stock tm parts, (or upgraded ones if you can afford it) and you are all set, the gearbox won't let you down and the mags feed... What more could you need really!!
      If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer...

Comment

From what I have heard it is a very good gun out of the box.

Comment

My advice would be when you are at your regular site ask some of the other players if you can have a look at the guns they use because most people will say sure cap off a few rounds see what you think and hopefully you will find one that its perfect for you good luck
          Its better to burn out than to fade away

Comment

i can recommend the AUG had one as my first gun and loved it, great range and the duel trigger is brilliant.
            I have a JG AUG A3 going up for sale in a few days if you are interested, comes with two batteries and 4 hi cap mags and a crappy charger to get you started, its within your budget as well.

Comment

Mine was very good out of the box and now with a tightbore barrel, a zeroed scope and some 0.25g ammo I'm hitting an A4 sheet of paper out to beyond 50 meters. I've got some other upgrades to put in it as well. As said before, the trigger does take a bit of getting used to but, personally, i think it's a brilliant idea. The only problem I've found with it is the battery compartment, it's tiny! the best you can fit in there is a 9.6V 2000mAh nun-chuck battery. Oh, and the gearbox is noisy because it's right next to your ear but that can be sorted with some bubble wrap or foam or something.
              Overall, a very good starter gun that can be used in any number of different roles: cqb, hi-cap spray machine, DMR or even sniper backup if your strong enough.
              P.S. the take-down feature makes me smile every time :D

Comment

Cheers guys, Hodgy i'd be interested, pm me price (posted :D).. but it would have to be two tone because i don't yet have a Vcra thingy :/

Comment

Get a VCRA defence first. Please don't get a horrid snot green gun.

Comment

ok, will do

Comment

ahhhh Augs glad to see so many people in favour.

i am a big advocate of the aug there excellent guns..

the trigger system only takes time to get used to if you have experiance of other guns and even then it takes about 30 seconds.

i started with augs moved on as everybody slated it for its looks and the mags were expensive at the time and not to easy to get hold of for me.

want m4 fail, m16 fail, mp5 fail , ak fail, m14, g3sg1 etc all fails sa80 (moderate win) and finally back to augs (joy) and then bought the world of augs (7+ at one point)
                      i recently had to sell a load off but basicly due to pay cuts at work and wanting a new rif i have had my eye on for a few years,

Augs are brilliant guns great range and consistance the JG is my prefered make i have had CA TM BE and JG and the JG is by far the best out the box for performance and value despite popular myth that there often hot i have never had to have one down graded for site as all of mine have been fine out the box sitting around 348fps.

things you will want to consider

aug mil spec or civ version. Personaly i went civ as i like black and i like to pick my optics.

you will need a few mags these are very fast to empty a high cap even on an 8.4v battery (i have often been asked what mods were in mine or what battery only to upset the person by saying its all stock internals and the cheap battery it came with)

mags and what pouchs they fit in easily. now aug mags are a bit odd, they have a small hook on the back unlike m series mags so can catch on some styles of mag pouch making them hard to get out i found PLCE pouchs were fine and single warrior molle pouch but not the ones in my vest as they have tape webbing spacers and the hooks catch

some people say the aug has poor grouping out the box i cant agree but its and easy fix anyway if you experiance the a problem just a tight bore and a decent hop rubber no real need to fit an after market hop unit unless you break the stock one there rock solid.

think that covers most things with augs PM me if you want any more info i have a fair bit of experiance with them lol

Comment

I would recommend holding an AUG first. Very different feel to them than an m4 or G36 (or any standard rental gun you may have used)
                        They do have superb range and the bullpup design makes them nice and compact. What alot of people don't realise is the weight they have. It can take some getting used to but if a little lady like me can handle the weight I reckon anybody can. First few skirmishes you might go home with very tired arms mind lol
                        I had a JG aug for some time. Sadly mine was a little iffy from day one. But dud guns happen I guess. I've now got the CA version which I'm planning to give the full upgrade treatment to.

You better be planning to get auscam aswell though
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

If you get one make sure its an A3, its just an all round better gun and has better internals and mosfet.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I have just brought a JG Aug A3 and I love it. Great range, nicley powered and accurate. Haven't upgarded anything yet, I will wait a while and see how it performs out of the box. The minor downside to the Aug is the weight, but get a decent sling and "Robert is your farther's brother" as they say. Don't worry about the trigger, it really is very easy to use. I haven't once fired on full auto by mistake, the transition between semi and full auto is actually favorable to a switch for me. Once you get used to it you'll LOVE IT.
                            Last edited by Double 0 Jedi; 13 May, 2010, 17:48.

Comment

sling wise just a standard sa80 issue sling is perfect.

the a3 version is heavy unless your a big built lad. i prefer the standard civ version much easier to throw about

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kernow Find out more about Kernow
                              Working...
                              X