How to decrease fps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to decrease fps?

Recently had an oring break in the cylinder of my krytac spr, replaced with a g&g oring and greased up, now the fps has increased quite a lot, before the break it was at 320 fps, after leaving the gun sat for 3-4 days while waiting for a chrono the fps is now 370 with the hop off and roughly 360 with it on, is there a way I can reduce the fps by 20ish without replacing the spring? Spring is also quite new, only had around 1000 rounds through it.

I don't know as much as many on here so any advice would be helpful.

Re: How to decrease fps?

It sounds like your airseal has improved slightly, causing the gun to be more efficient, and therefore a slight muzzle energy bump. You can cut a little off the spring (cut 1/4 of a coil off at a time, no more). Ordinarily I would suggest replacing the spring, but when trying to make fine adjustments (~10fps) it can be hard to be precise with the wide variance in strength of most airsoft springs.

Comment

Hello mate, one of these may help until the spring calms down

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5368

Comment

Pure silver, is there a specific end I should cut? And shamus, that looks like a great as a quick fix, how much will it reduce it by on the lowest Setting?

Comment

Cut the cylinder end, I tend to measure the spring and if I need to reduce by 10%,I cut 10%off the spring, remember it's always better to cut too little than too much,not an exact science, but it's all I've got for you
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Leave the spring compressed for a few days? Did this for my mates 416 and it scrubbed it from 380 down to just under 350. Bit of a faff trying to let go of the trigger on full auto at maximum compression... In retrospect a nearly run-out nimh battery could have been handy.

Comment

Originally posted by shamus5178 View Post

Velocity reducers suck. They don't work on full auto particularly well (and once you get above a certain ROF they barely work at all)

Comment

Install a sorbo pad? Reduced cylinder volume will decrease muzzle velocity, quieten the gearbox and help prevent shell damage.
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Whatever I do I need it for the weekend as I'm using it Sunday, gonna try compressing the spring I think, hopefully it works, if not I'll be using it as a dmr for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by shamus5178 View Post

Velocity reducers are bloody awful - wildly inconsistent, which makes them liable to ruin the gun's accuracy.

Originally posted by ROBERT--1993 View Post
                    Pure silver, is there a specific end I should cut?
                    Cut from the cylinder end. The gun may well have settled down after a day's play, though.

Comment

Further to the general hatred of velocity reducers mate , in over ten yrs of playing I've never played at a site that allowed them .
                      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ROBERT--1993 Find out more about ROBERT--1993
                      Working...
                      X