Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Paintball full face as viable Airsoft Face protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintball full face as viable Airsoft Face protection?

Hey there everyone.

just wondering if anyone has any experience or tips/advice regarding using Paintball fullface masks as a viable alternative for airsoft compared to buying some mesh goggles, mesh lower face protector, possible helmet,etc.

Main reason being i have two by DYE laying around the house as have seen a lot of what seem like low quality masks that arent even very well moulded cheap plastic masks of skulls with cheap hot glued on mesh over the eyes used in quite a lot of videos and even the few times i have been to airsoft or watched a game. i would of thought that a fully licenced and tried/trusted helmet from a reputable paintball retailer/product maker would be more than fine for airsoft even with it being a plastic visor my thought is if it gets scratched, cracked or dented too much on the visor they are very very easily replaceable and it takes all of 2 minutes to do so instead of having to find another pair of goggles etc.

the Masks i have from paintball are the same brand/Model just diffirent colours dependant on where im going and who im with for team colours and just for comfortable reasoning etc. ive linked it below so people can have a gander and give me thier honest opnion on it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dye-I4-Therm...0_SR160%2C160_

Re: Paintball full face as viable Airsoft Face protection?

Hey

I use a set of Empire e-flex and there are probably four or five other guys every weekend using i4's, they are very popular.

We play at an indoor CQB arena - and using such full face protection is considered ok.

I've been to one outdoor site before and there was no one wearing a full face mask like that.

On sunday, within 20 mins, we had a guy take a shot to the face and he received a pretty nasty wound - there was quite a lot of blood. He has just a very small set of mesh glasses on. Thats enough to make me wear a full mask during very close indoor CQB.

Comment

Thanks for the reply TheSaint, would you say it is a viable alternative then if all be it a slightly pricer one? not just for convience but for over all protection of the face?

Comment

CQB advisable to wear full face protection. Outside woodland then no they can become annoying at times and i always wear just ballistic lenses with the odd occasion mouth protection
        Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cyringe Find out more about Cyringe
        Working...
        X