Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M19111 A1 Mag Retention Issue.

Quick question folks.

I have a TM M1911 A1. Lovely bit of kit. However the mags (TM ones) are often difficult to insert, i.e. not going all the way home and not being retained. (Chamber is empty). When it does eventually stay in place, the pistol only needs to be knocked gently (not the mag release button), and the mag falls out very easily, despite being held securely in place when in the loaded position. The whole experience is very frustrating and expensive replacing mags!!

My question is.

What's the issue here?

Any thoughts or experiences appreciated.

Many thanks.
    Avatar photo by Chloe of Airsoft Photography
    www.facebook.com/ChloeAirsoftPhotography

Re: TM M19111 A1 Mag Retention Issue.

needs a new mag release catch? They can wear down over time
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

I did wonder that. Though it's less than 3 months old and only been used four times. The proper solution is to take it back under warranty. Though i wanted to see if there was potentially a 'dumbass' reason? Or if anyone else had had the same experiences.

Come to think of it. It did come off the display wall at the shop!! (Thinks maybe it had a hard life prior to purchase?)

Comment

Take out the mag catch and have a good look at it. All you need to do is put a little flat head into the hole on mag catch the right hand side of the gun, push the plunger in and twist. You should be able to see if there is any significant metal wear.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. Just had a look and no wear.

Comment

Take the slide off then reinsert the mag and see if it stays there. Simple diagnostic as it'll make it easier to tell what's obstructing the magazine - if it's fine without the slide then it's something in the slide internals that's the issue. You will also be able to see the magazine a lot easier as you insert it.

Removing the slide will be in the manual and the pictures will explain it far better then I can:
            - Remove mag
            - Pull slide back until the slide catch (on the left side) lines up with the smaller 'groove' in the slide (not the one that the mag catch engages when you magazine is empty)
            - Hold the slide in this position, then push the catch out from the right side of the pistol (you can see the pin protruding on the right side)
            - Pull the slide catch all the way out and you can now remove the slide by pushing it forwards

(Do this in reverse to replace the slide).

Comment

I have noticed that there's no "spring action" in the mag release button. It just kinda flops around. Though I can hear a spring in the mag release retention screw as Apurturesci suggested. Regardless of what position I leave the screwhead , there is no 'springiness' to the mag release catch. Surely this can't be right?

Once again many thanks for the advice.

Comment

Had a surprise free afternoon so popped into Zero One at Hurn. I have to give full marks to Alex for resolving the issue. Turns out that a bit of burring was preventing the mag release catch for being 'sprung'. All sorted now and hopefully no more lost mags.

Ta to everyone for their assistance and credit where credit is due. Alex proved to be extremely helpful.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Haplesshacker Find out more about Haplesshacker
                Working...
                X