Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a sale

Hi All,

I recently sold an item on here, WE M4 AEG, completely stock except after market Inner barrel, bucking and G&G hop unit.

This was sold in the middle of July, fully tested and working, even sold with some notes around which mags I'd been using. Now as you can see by my feedback, I've sold a lot of things on here, some of which have been quite expensive, with years of tenure, good post count and 100% feedback you can see I do my best to provide a good service when buying and selling.

So today (7ish weeks after a sale) I receive the below message:

"hi mate, bad news. Gun was still having feeding issues, went to my local store to see about getting the hop changed.

Hop was fine if said the issue was with my mags, but he tested the gun and said it was double feeding.

Said could do with a new motor and gearbox rebuild, could possibly need new piston etc, said wouldn't know for certain unless he takes it apart which would cost me £45 + parts that could be needed. So would be looking to return the gun for a refund please mate.

Also due to apparent mismatch of parts ie, unknown gearbox, g&g hop up and j g motor, could cause further issues
    "

I replied with the below:

"Hi Fella,

I have to ask, who is your local store?

The gun is internal stock so the "Also due to apparent mismatch of parts ie, unknown gearbox, g&g hop up and j g motor, could cause further issues" is literally the shop trying to pull the wool over your eyes. IE gearbox was unopened so it's all WE and stock. Only non stock part is the hop unit, bucking an barrel....which were replaced by higher quality parts.

I had the gun tested and working before I sent it to you, I advised you of the mags I'd used etc and I had no issues. I understand that problems can arise and I'll always try and be flexible. But over a month after a second hand purchase I'm not prepared to offer a full refund.

I will help diagnose the problem and if there are replacement parts which are required and I have access to them, I will be happy to provide them in the interest of being helpful. That said, having over a month (7 weeks in fact) to have the item in your possession with no complaints or issues raised is concerning to say the least.

From my own personal experience and builds, 99% of double feeding is caused by Hop bucking, nozzle, magazines. I am more than happy to send a few hop buckings, nozzle and even a piston to you. In fact I recently took a GB apart as I installed a polarstar, so I'm prepared to send you all of the spare parts at my disposal.

I urge you to seek help on here in regards to any technical problems, but if a "shop" advises you "it was double feeding. Said could do with a new motor and gearbox rebuild, could possibly need new piston etc", they'll be equally surprised.
    "

I'd really appreciated some advice on this, I've never had to deal with a return as everything I sell has always been tested and well looked after. I personally believe I've offered some good alternatives, however is 7 weeks more than a reasonable time to have an item and check it for faults? I mean I personally would be using the item immediately and would of returned the item immediately.

Also I'm a bit sceptical about the shops suggestions, surely a good tech would of tested a different barrel/hop combo before throwing out the need for an entire gearbox build for what is usually associated with mags/bucking?!?
    The clown has no penis

Re: Help with a sale

You've done exactly the right thing mate, in fact you've done more than should be expected, there is no way i would give a refund after 7 weeks.
    As for the technical issues, i couldnt comment as i dont know enough about an aeg...

Comment

7 Weeks is rather silly he's had long enough to 'test' and use it. You're not some sort of warranty service lol.

Also its been to a 'shop', how do we know they didn't cause some problem when taking it apart.

I think its fair to help him but a refund after 7 weeks is ridiculous.

Comment

He's having a laugh. Your efforts to placate are more than reasonable. 7 weeks is plenty of time to use and abuse before wanting a refund...and his shop sounds daft too. £45 to have a look?!
        Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

Utter horseshit from the buyer, reckon its:
          1. The "tech" is a ripoffmerchant.
          Or
          2. The buyer has fucked it & wants an easy way out.
          Or
          3. He's skint, & thinks this is quickest way to get some cash, as he shouldn't have spent it in the first place.
          Or
          4. It's just gone wrong, as sometimes happens, the tech is trying to up his potential bill & the buyer can't accept that stuff sometimes breaks in use......its life ffs.

DONT REFUND.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
            Utter horseshit from the buyer, reckon its:
            1. The "tech" is a ripoffmerchant.
            Ah the good old, I sent it to my 'tech' and they said theres 50million things wrong with it.

Comment

Thanks lads, I also thought the above, but in the interest of being a good seller I just wanted some additional input.

Also just to point out, I'm not naming or shaming anyone, just wanted an impartial opinion based on the facts.

If there's an admin on here, please can they get in touch with me.
              The clown has no penis

Comment

In trouble now, Mrs Figjam was having a nap until i made an enraged outburst reading this..

"Mismatched motor and hop unit equals double feeding" ought to become a meme for total nonsense terrible "techs" say.

Comment

Last message just recieved

Again this is here purely to get help on an appropriate repsonse, hence names/thread references removed.

"Hello Mate,

Thank you for the fast and informative reply, I did think something was off as you have fantastic feed back.

I took it to ******* Airsoft.

Now the full story.

So brought the gun, had motor issues, felt I had sorted that.

Ordered the Mags, took it to a game day last week gun chronoed at around 274 fps.

within 20mins of play time the gun stopped feeding, whichever mag I used.

so packed it away in my kit bag.

having brought some of the mags you suggested I figured when it stopped feeding it was a hop issue typical M4.

Went to my local gun shop with the view to upgrade it they said bring the gun down, we'll take a look and see if the hop cures the problem before you leave.

Fantastic I though.

the guy quickly diagnosed that it wasn't a fault with the hop as there mags where feeding, albeit double feeding. The gun stopped after a few shots, now the motor spins with no firing action.

He couldn't tell me exactly what the fault was without taking it apart, he just pointed out the JG motor the G&G hop (which I already knew) and that the seal from the gearbox was broken and he said he suspected that it wasn't a WE gearbox.
                  Not sure how he could tell that from just looking up the mag well but hey.

So yes I may have brought the gun several weeks ago. however due to work and waiting for the mags and batteries to be delivered its taken time to get to a site to test/use. I went at the first opportunity I had with the mags you suggested.

Now, Monday I am off to Cheltenham to visit family So will drop the gun off at ******* airsoft, they are normally pretty good with diagnosing faults.

I appreciate the offer with spares and parts that is very good of you.

I appreciate I may have owned the rifle for 7 weeks but the fact that I've taken it to my local site to play with twice and both times I couldn't, the first was the issue with the pistol grip screw and the second the feeding issue etc.

Hope this reply gives you some information and helps.

Thank you,"
                  Last edited by Hef legend; 11 September, 2015, 19:04. Reason: Removed retailer
                  The clown has no penis

Comment

Hmmm tricky one
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Even ignoring my points 1 to 4, FFS 7 WEEKS ?, who waits 7 weeks to try an AEG properly, & where did the mags come from Saturn ?.
                      It is possible to test an AEG other than on a bonafide site, garden, workplace, or a friends place thats suitably large & private, in fact you'd do that before even sorting out feedback, just to satisfy yourself..........something ain't right.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                        Even ignoring my points 1 to 4, FFS 7 WEEKS ?, who waits 7 weeks to try an AEG properly, & where did the mags come from Saturn ?.
                        It is possible to test an AEG other than on a bonafide site, garden, workplace, or a friends place thats suitably large & private, in fact you'd do that before even sorting out feedback, just to satisfy yourself..........something ain't right.
                        idd who waits 7 weeks to use something they've just bought. I know I couldn't wait that long.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hef legend Been playing airsoft in and around Sussex for about 5 years, I'm quite into my sniping and enjoy having a decent skirmish Find out more about Hef legend
                        Working...
                        X