Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magicbox Tm recoil tune up kits

Hi all,

Has anyone here had any experience with modding their Tm recoil with the full tune up kits from magicbox and able to give an informed opinion on them?

I'm looking to install with a Tm specific m100 spring and looking for reliablity and consistency in fps.

I know it's a Tm so leave alone and fps doesn't = range etc but as I'm a tinkerer I can't help chase for more from the gb.

Cheers!

Re: Magicbox Tm recoil tune up kits

Hi, I have mostly magicbox kit in mine. I'm very impressed. Off the top of my head, I have their spring guide, piston and piston head, and now their miracle barrel. Only non MB bit is a m110 spring made by a uk retailer.
    Still stock are my gearset, motor and hop bucking and unit. All this in an AK102.
    I'm getting 325 FPS with the hop adjusted to .25s (Hop off is 445), variance of +/-2, and flat and level flight out to at least 50m on my local site's measured range (as opposed to some reported ranges that people put out that often seem to be based on guesswork and wishes). It might be more, but 50m is the furthest target available at my range. If that FPS seems a bit low for a m110, it's worth bearing in mind the Miracle Barrel is 6.06.
    There is some validity in leaving a TM alone until it breaks, but really I think this comes more from ham fisted upgraders ruining such a nice gun. In deference to this, I actually bought a whole new stock hop unit and rubber to install my Miracle barrel in, and then took out the whole original set up and left in a drawer in case I didn't like the changes, but that was actually over cautious as I really love the results of what I've done.
    I guess it boils down to how confident you are in the standard of your own work. If not, there are some Recoil Gurus out there. While I've not used his services myself (as I am pretty confident in my own work) Sam Leggat has an excellent reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
      I'm getting 325 FPS with the hop adjusted to .25s (Hop off is 445), . If that FPS seems a bit low for a m110, it's worth bearing in mind the Miracle Barrel is 6.06.
      using an fps calculator you are producing around 1.22 joules, if you were to switch to .20s that would equate to 363.33 fps
      isn't that a bit naughty, considering the legal limit (not site limit) is 1.3 joules
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Sorry, was perhaps unclear. That is chronoing with a .2, but with the hop adjusted to give flat and level fight to a .25
        EDIT: I've been here a while, I know I'm a bit flippant but I'd hope you'd know by now I'm not that much of an asshat!

Comment

Thanks figjam that's good to know.

Have been looking for upgrade parts and thinking if I am going to open the box up may as well go the while hog rather than just do bits and bobs.

Magicbox seem the be the only manufacturer other than prommy that do most parts and don't know if I would notice any difference for nearly double the price for prommy parts.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Flames Littlest of the fat larges Find out more about Flames
          Working...
          X