Collapse

Marushin 5-7 recommended? (CO2 version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marushin 5-7 recommended? (CO2 version)

I'm looking at getting a new pistol as my 4.3 is getting a bit old (has to be at least 7 years old as I bought it second hand well used 5 years ago) and is starting to develop a couple of niggles. so I was looking at a new pistol for general skirmishing.
    Initially I was looking at a WE G17 because people have been praiseful of it, but I was offered a Marushin 5-7 for £100 and it felt quite nice, and the reviews I've seen haven't been bad.

so I was wondering whether I should go for it, or just stick with the G17?

By the by, I'm only asking for the working/reliablity, it seems many people don't like the looks, but I kinda like the sci-fyey look.

Re: Marushin 5-7 recommended? (CO2 version)

Marushin are more show than performance, ideally you'd want a TM again.
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

any specific reason? all the reviews agree with you re the earlier green-gas one, but the reviews seem to be saying that this (the newer CO2) version, is far superior to the older one, and better than the TM one.

Comment

The older Marushin Five-seveN was catastrophically bad. The TM Five-seveN is one of TM's few bad handguns IMO; it was the first with the now-standard 15mm BBU architecture, and whilst it's a very impressive performer it's also fragile and breaks/wears out much more quickly than it should. The new Marushin is less fragile than the TM, but also has absolutely no aftermarket whatsoever, so you've no upgrades, no spares - nothing.

I would choose a different replica, and if you want it to last, perhaps another TM (assuming your current Hi-Capa is a TM). 7 years is an impressive age for a GBB pistol.

Comment

I had a marushin 5-7. Had it for a week before it went to a new home.

Not all guns can be improved to be as good as others sadly.

If you've got your heart set on one, go TM.

If you're open, I'd get another hi capa, and some 1911 slides and parts, to keep it different and refreshing. And keep your old one for spare small parts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

geoffreym Find out more about geoffreym
          Working...
          X