Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G+G M14 or CM16 R8-L?

Hi guy's,
    I'm looking at buying my first rifle. Over the years I have played a few times, but am now looking at playing regularly. I have one more game before I get my UKARA.
    My all time favourite gun is the M14, and on a budget of £300 I figure the G+G is a good option? My only concern is that is that I play at Ground Zero and it may be a bit long for my play style. I played as S.O.G at the weekend, and enjoyed laying ambushes through the foliage, which may be a challenge with a long barrel.
    Does anyone else have an M14 at GZ? How do you get on with it?
    If I don't go M14, I was thinking CM16 R8-L, which would hopefully fit in with my play style. It would also leave me plenty of cash for foregrip and a pack of mid mags...
    What do you experienced guys reckon?
    Cheers

Re: G+G M14 or CM16 R8-L?

Hi.

I also play at GZ, and the Bushes / (tunnels) can be an issue for longer rifles. Also not ideal for the fort or the village, so a sidearm might be your next purchase.

As I understand it. A longer barrel doesn't mean more velocity or accuracy. So it all comes down to your style of play and what you like the look of. I have the G&G CM18 Mod1, It looks very much like the CM16 you mentioned in your post, but, the barrel doesn't protrude as much. Being able to whip it round quickly in a tight spot has been invaluable.

Personally I think primary gun choice comes down to style of play and 'look'. I can't sit still in one place for long, and prefer to be moving. So a more manoeuvrable rifle suits me. If you prefer to sit in one place and wait, then a longer rifle would be less of an issue.

All the above is just my opinion and counts for nowt!! :-)
    Avatar photo by Chloe of Airsoft Photography
    www.facebook.com/ChloeAirsoftPhotography

Comment

I think that the TM M14 is the best M14 going, so maybe look into that, but yeah, as above, depends on style of play, plus 7.62 sized mags need larger pouches, whereas most webbing/vests etc., are pretty much built to hold M4 mags.

Maybe the TM M14 SOCOM with the shorter barrel but with the TM fairy dust inside could be a compromise?
      Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

Can't disagree with the the idea of a top notch gun, however the op had a budget. As I'm all too aware in this game, by the time mags, foregrips, sights, batteries, chargers / gas etc are taken into account, the budget soon gets blown out of the water.
        Avatar photo by Chloe of Airsoft Photography
        www.facebook.com/ChloeAirsoftPhotography

Comment

Buy cheap...buy twice.
          Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

From what i've seen the m14 hop unit is a better design and seems to work better, i own a few g&g's including an m14 ebr, which i assume is the same internals as the rest of g&g m14 models,the range is a fair bit better than the cm18 i also own and my l85 too, wouldnt like to give figures but it does outrange many other standard aegs. So if you think you need that bit of range the m14 is the better. Option, keep in mind rigs and pouches will be diffrent from your m4 set ups, and mags are much bigger. And the size is Drawback being a good bit bigger than most sniper rifles if you opt for a long variant,but you can teach yourself to use it well, i've managed to use mine for a small bit of room clearing before, not advisable but its managable

Comment

I have a G&G m14 EBR short great bit of kit, but down side is that it's a heavy bugger even heavier if you want all your goodies on it, just something to bear in mind

sigpic
              OHHH BEHAVE!!
              GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
              YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

For that budget, how about a Cyma m14?

I have 2, and both are awesome. Clones of the TM, both shoot under 350 fps as stock, and both push out to 60+ metres. Brilliant guns.

In comparison, I ran a bone stock CM16 for a day at the ai500, and the range wasn't brilliant. Great gun for £100, but not a patch on a short M14

Comment

Wow thanks for the response guys

Yeah I have looked at the CYMA M14 Shmook, but was worried it may be a bit of a gamble guying a CYMA? Whenever I google them, I find a very mixed response... Do you think it is a safe bet?

Comment

Defo. The 2 I've got are brilliant guns. I had one and ran it for years, and got it second hand so it was already well used. Liked it that much I bought another when my mate wanted rid of his!

Never done a thing to them and they shoot like champs.

Buy one. Now.

Go on!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andyb157 Find out more about andyb157
                    Working...
                    X