Best Base AEG For Upgrades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Base AEG For Upgrades.

Tried using the search function but couldn't find anything, I'm looking for an AEG (preferably m4 style) that's the most upgradable, I've heard for snipers it's the TM vsr and for pistols it's the TM hi capa but haven't heard much about AEG's, guessing it's gonna follow suit but worth the ask.

Also if you could give some advice on the parts that are best upgraded for improved accuracy, range and consistency that would be great.

Re: Best Base AEG For Upgrades.

Anything that's TM compatible. Most aegs are based off their design. Your budget will reflect the quality you get.

Comment

What sort of budget do you think is appropriate? Once I sell a few bits in the classifieds and a few others I need to add I should have around £500 for upgrades, I have a krytac spr if that's worth upgrading or if it's TM compatable?

Comment

from what i know of krytac they make excellent rifles that come upgraded with mosfet's and aoe corrected out of the box. I wouldn't want to be selling it for something else. What are you wanting from the rifle? More range? power? looks?

Comment

On AEGs it can really boil down more to the externals you want as most are direct clones of TM or highly compatible. Something like a G&P which is internally rather meh but externally some of the best there are.

Comment

I wouldn't be selling the krytac,I was asking if it would be worth upgrading? Making great greater? And I'm after more range, they krytac is great but if I could have something custom built or upgraded that could be better Its a bonus.

Comment

that already has most of the upgrades you could possibly want. All I'd suggest is get a second hop up chamber, a pommy/pdi barrel and experiment with hop rubbers like the r-hop. keep the original to compare. Everything else is just looks.

Comment

To echo all of the above, if it ain't broke don't fix it, if your krytac is running at a decent fps, & is reasonably accurate, then don't flog it & don't start taking it apart.
                Ultimately, we all use a machine to squirt a bb downrange, irrespective of how its dressed up, their essentially all the same, & if your gat is running well, 330fps & head size grouping at around 60 metres, its in the ballpark to skirmish pretty much anywhere.
                looking at your recent purchases, in particular the bulk purchase you made (jammy bugger Rob), its clear you've got the bug bad, all I would say is if your krytac is the long version, then maybe look for something short, ideally that takes the same mags, then you've got kit to suit most sites & scenarios.
                Don't make the mistakes that a many of us do, it becomes an expensive lesson.

Comment

You could quite easily improve your range for as little as £10-£20,all you need is good compression, consistent power, reduce any inner barrel vibration, flat hop using lonex rubber and flat nub and use. 28 bbs
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The Krytac has good potential, but it's propietary GB shell will prove problematic with certain gear sets.
                    As a general rule, TM is the safest bet for internals compatibility since almost all internal parts are designed for TM spec. Brands such as G&P, VFC, CA, G&G, the list could go on... are mostly based on TM, so compatibility is there, at worst minor modification will be needed for the slight changes between brand. The Krytac shell, at least the material surrounding the gear area would class as major modification to get certain parts to fit.

Don't be put off of the 6mm bearing size of TMs since decent 6mm steel bushings are far superior in durability/reliability to 8mm ball bearings.

For a base V2/3, Lonex (ultimate are a rebrand) GB shells are very close to TM spec and both offer far superior front end durability.
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                      To echo all of the above, if it ain't broke don't fix it, if your krytac is running at a decent fps, & is reasonably accurate, then don't flog it & don't start taking it apart.
                      Ultimately, we all use a machine to squirt a bb downrange, irrespective of how its dressed up, their essentially all the same, & if your gat is running well, 330fps & head size grouping at around 60 metres, its in the ballpark to skirmish pretty much anywhere.
                      looking at your recent purchases, in particular the bulk purchase you made (jammy bugger Rob), its clear you've got the bug bad, all I would say is if your krytac is the long version, then maybe look for something short, ideally that takes the same mags, then you've got kit to suit most sites & scenarios.
                      Don't make the mistakes that a many of us do, it becomes an expensive lesson.
                      Hi mark, my krytacs running great, I wouldn't sell it as it's going good with great compression, great consistency and at 345 fps last time it chronoed, I was just wondering as I see guys getting hits from further then I'd attempt to get hits and was wondering if it's something I could do to make the krytac reach them distances or even another gun, (still need to get that bulk purchase appraised) wink wink.
                      Sparrowhawk, I'm fairly new to airsofting and especially the inside of guns so I'll have to look up the flat hop and how it works(how to install).

Comment

Tbh Rob there are many things that can affect range/accuracy, not forgetting the appliance of science, even 500fps on the button will only equate to X range, everybody's looking for the holy grail of rangeXaccuracy, & you could spend a fortune & still not acheive it 100%..........surely your newly acquired msr338 is a great base for upgrading, looks good & already performs well so maybe not too much work needed ?.

Comment

I guess your right, got another project planned for a long ranged semi auto tho although the msr is TM compatable, could save me some stress? We'll see, dependant on if it sells for what I want for it.

Comment

Remember the sh rule of thumb, bout 70% of the new price, given what you want to do, I'd say keep it & use it as your base for a top of the range sniper.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ROBERT--1993 Find out more about ROBERT--1993
                            Working...
                            X