Airsoft Machine Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft Machine Shop?

I have done a little Googling as well as a search on here for Airsoft Machine Shop. I've found a few threads about the company and feedback is 50/50 but mostly relates to a year or so ago.

Has anyone recently used AMS? Was the work and turn around good? I want to get some laser etching done on my receiver after I get it Cerakoted but AMS seems to be the only place I can find (Openly searchable) that would accustomed to the sort of request I would want. Or is there elsewhere someone could recommend to me?

Re: Airsoft Machine Shop?

I used them no problem.. Had my massa barrel shortened.

There are a few other tech if your not sure... I heard the horror stories too
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I had an okay experience. Got my FBI glock done there. The FBI logo was spot on, as was the writing on the side. But none of the standard glock trademarks were the right font or size. And some of the letters aren't fully engraved. Probably would go elsewhere before using them again

Comment

Had a bad experience buying PTW parts from Keith Brown (for it is him that runs AMS) a while ago. Took the cash, messed me around for weeks until I acquired his home phone number and gave him a call to tell him what would happen. Had half the parts two days later and a refund for the rest. There are others, and you'll have to check other online forums, who've never received what they ordered nor got a refund when he was operating under different names before.

Comment

Same as Heinz.
          After PTW parts.
          Mis sold me wrong year parts, denied it. Then impossible to contact.

Comment

Very hit and miss. Hes done some work for a mate which was excellent, done some work for another mate and ruined the slide.

However as far as I know now he has moved to a larger professional workshop where as before it was a garage sorta job.

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback. I think I might give it a miss then, I don't fancy taking the chance. Which is a shame.

Found somewhere else that is Airsoft related that does the laser etching and from the photos looks quite good. It's another Airsoft retailer so cannot name them, but if a certain sports foot ware shop sold Airsoft parts.

Comment

I've used Keith before for my engraving and his work was pretty much spot on. Even offered to drive it down to me as he would not have been able to get it posted back to me on time for what I needed it for. You just need to be ontop of him if you get him to do any of your work.

The other retailer however, that experience was so bad that I will never shop or get anything done by them ever again! They charged me the full price for the engraving, despite only etching 2/3s of what I wanted (some of which have appeared to have faded already)... and broke my rifle case!
                All this on top of charging me extra for postage (because they could not get my engraving done on the same date, despite what they promised via email!)...

Comment

Keith is not a bad lad..... Just rubbish at getting stuff organised and taking on too much work.

The work I have seen of his is to an excellent standard. I don't think he deliberately goes out to con or upset people.... But like I said, he occasionally takes too much on and something has to give.

I would use him, but doing so in the knowledge that you want to keep on top of him with regular progress checks.

Comment

I have almost got sorted with an engraver who can do what I need done. Just need to finalise details.

I think on this occasion I will give these two a miss. I could do without the hassle, more so as I am across the pond so makes things more difficult to sort if something did go wrong.

Thanks again for all who replied.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bop Find out more about bop
                    Working...
                    X