Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite GBB's?

Hi all.
    I wanted to hear opinions on GBB's that work well, for under £100.
    I have looked into KJW, who are cheap, but i wasnt convinced on reliablility
    I also looked at the cheaper WE model (specifically the hicapa 5.1) and was just about to buy said 5.1, when they went out of stock on zero one

So my questions are, What were you first GBB's?
    What would you recomend as a good out of the box cheap GBB?
    Specifically how good is the WE 5.1?
    When is the WE 5.1 coming back in stock ?

Many Thanks!
    Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Re: Favorite GBB's?

there are only 2 options IMO

TM 4.3 Hi Capa (comes in black or silver)
    TM 1911

thats it

once you had one of em - nothing else will do

Comment

tm, nuff said!

(not a fan of thier aegs, imo, overpriced cheapsofts, but when it comes to gbb's, tm all the way! worth that extra tenner or so for peace of mind and knowing it will work when you whip it out!)

Comment

I had a look at TM, but decided that I would prefer a metal slide (bad choice?) and that the TM's are a little too far over my price range... which would prevent me getting any more mags

Comment

TM p226 is amazing

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
            TM p226 is amazing
            I must admit I am a bit of a sucker for the P226, and had a good look at the new KSC PTP 226, but decided that £130 was a little too much. although. the TM 226 does seem to only be £25 more than the WE 5.1....

The choice

Comment

I personally wouldn't get a WE for your first pistol. As when you use it in the cold, it will likely put you off pistols. I know most people seem to be metal whores these days, "omg metal is better" minded people i'm referring to. But TM Pistols really are great

Comment

Am I right in saying I need Abbey 134a for the plastic slides? or can I use something with a little more of a kick?

Comment

Not for TM no. TM will be handle to handle green. Cheaper plastic pistols are recommended to be used with 143a or abbey ultra

Comment

If your thinking of a WE you should be ok in winter if you get CO2 mags, I myself run a full metal pistol but prefer to run a ABS body/Metal slide pistol seem to be the best performers all year round. Did like my WA Para though.
                    As many have said TM make good ABS pistols IMO the best being the MK23 Socom, but if you can get to a local retailer to try some out you'd be better off as pistols I find are very much a personal thing.

Comment

SigArms themselves use licenced KJW P226 and P229's for in house training.

If they're happy with them, I am (and mine is great).
                      sigpic

Comment

you could buy a tm pistol second hand if they are a little too expensive
                        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

ill chime in and say ive never had a fault with my ksc glock...
                          back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

I have a few pistols and can say that TM are good but since your initial post asks for sub £100 guns, then WE for a full metal M9 at £89 is excellent value. They can be an issue in the cold cold as stated above but are still excellent quality.

KJW abs guns are really nice too. And they are excellent value at around £75 on average for their guns.
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I have had a look at the KJ Works P226 (£99) and the P229 (£89)

From what I can tell, they perform the same as the TM, and have the metal top slide as standard, however it is not a disaster during colder weather...

However the mags are said to be iffy at best of times...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The King Speak danish, english, german and spanish. Find out more about The King
                              Working...
                              X