Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerson Tactical Gear - quality?

Hi,

I'm after a second pair of inexpensive Multicam trousers. I've just purchased a cheap OPS Tactical MC shirt with removable elbow pads, to complement my existing set of OPS Tactical ACU-Cut-BDUs (without the removable elbow/knee pads). I'd therefore like a second pair of trousers so I have a spare set to wear/loan out to newbie mates.

I have seen a lot of Emerson trousers on well-known auction sites - with removable kneepads - for between £40-60. What is the quality of these like please? Am assuming it isn't official Multicam material. Do they fade/wear out fast? I've read conflicting reports...

Or, should I go for a cheaper pair of (non-removable kneepad) Helikon MC trousers, which start from about £28, which I assume are official Multicam material?

Cheers!
    Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Re: Emerson Tactical Gear - quality?

Both are good budget brands. Emerson stuff is of good enough quality for Airsoft for sure. I have a set of AOR1, and AOR2. Both about a year old, no fading or rips on them either, and I wear the AOR2 most game days

Comment

Thank you. These would be a more 'bad weather option' set of cammies...

...which brings me to the rather inexpensive Helikon softshell MC trousers as a potential option too...

Comment

I have a set of them as well. They're probably a little thicker than the Emerson ones. So may last longer.

If the built in knee pads are a must, but like the outer look, go for them

Comment

I have emerson MC trousers they're fine for airsoft, good value. I don't think there's any point in mid range brands, I would either get emerson or a top brand such as Crye.

Comment

Well, the mid-range brand - Helikon - is cheaper than the Emerson, so my query was whether what is technically an ACM brand - Emerson - is actually better quality than a mid-range brand; Helikon.

I had a mid-00s set of ACM MCs back in the day and they faded fast.

If Emerson gear is good enough - and has pads - then I suspect I have my answer!

Comment

Oh I thought emerson were a bit cheaper than they are, I would go with emerson though.

Comment

My Emerson were ok,they do rip quite easily, I have a pair of ops which were twice the price but twice the quality material wise, but the pockets are not user friendly
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I love my OPS. Utter quality and I dare say probably not far off Crye standards. Just want a nice, safe, affordable 2nd pair...

Comment

You won't be disappointed in them. Don't go for TMC though. And don't believe it when people say they're the same. They're not

Comment

Clawgear = win. I have their Raider mk4 trousers in multicam and RAL7013 and their mk3 combat shirt in RAL7013. Easily as good as Crye.

Comment

Originally posted by dexadrine View Post
                        Clawgear = win. I have their Raider mk4 trousers in multicam and RAL7013 and their mk3 combat shirt in RAL7013. Easily as good as Crye.
                        But not a million miles off the price of OPS or Crye...at least on auction sites...

Comment

Originally posted by Dentonboy View Post
                          But not a million miles off the price of OPS or Crye...at least on auction sites...
                          They're in another league to OPS (had a pair of them, sent them back, I prefer my old Emersons to them). Granted Clawgear arent the budget option, but you get what you pay for.

Comment

Oh, I agree with that. I am usually to be found in my (adored) TAD stuff, but wanted some decent quality budget stuff for the approaching almost-certainly-foul Winter.

Comment

Emersion are pretty decent. They used to be hit or miss but they upped their game tenfold and are probably on par with European reputable brands now.
                              Still. I've a pair of Propper mc trousers that are from 2006 and still got life in them

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dentonboy Educator, husband, father, airsofter, shambles. Find out more about Dentonboy
                              Working...
                              X