Pimping advice needed from LR300 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimping advice needed from LR300 owners

I've been after an LR300 for a while I finally have one, but now I'm wondering what things to stick on it. Advice from owners would be much appreciated.

It's basically stock externally and I'm wondering what anyone's advice would be regarding:

(a) an aimpoint, acog or eotech as a suitable scope

(b) what kind of sling suits it, or works best, given the weird placement of the rear sling loop

(c) whether it's possible to find an easy to attach front vertical grip

Any photos would be good too to give me an idea of what things look like (after all, it's about looks and not functionality, right? :D).

Cheers in advance.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Pimping advice needed from LR300 owners

I use a single point sling on mine, it works ok.
    An Eotech looks pretty good aswell, but it looks quite good with an aimpoint.
    I use a taclight for CQB on mine but no VFG, you dont need it.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

sean that looks awesome mate.

Comment

Thanks, you dont need much on an LR300 in fairness, they look nice anyway.
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I think I now like the look of my aimpoint on it so I'm going to put that on there and get something different on my G3 carbine.

Never used a single point sling before but tempted to give it a shot now.

As for the VFG I don't normally like them but I think I need one for CQB because I normally hold the front of the magwell rather than taking a horizontal hold of the foregrip and you can't do that on the LR300 with the stock folded.

I know you can get them becuase the guy in this thread: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ighlight=lr300
          has one attached, but I don't like that style.

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

i did have a VFG standard type fitted to my lr-300 but to do this i got a rail off a vsr sniper and located the holes into the base of the handguard as it has a steel insert in there so its sturdy enough to mount a m203 onto. but you would have to put m5/m4 bolts into the postions on the outside of the handguard.

sorry i cant show you a picture as i never got round to taking one with the rail attached.

Comment

Do you reckon an M4 bottom handguard rail like this: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=3478 would be the way to go, or are the screw holes too unlikely to line up?

Comment

Not sure Ive been looking at those myself too, and as an answer to the VFG question, I hold the magwell when the stocks unfolded, but when its folded I actually hold that, well more rest my palm on it and my fingers rest on the magwell.

Comment

Sean, how well does the single point work considering the sling attachment has to be on the 'wrong' side on the LR300.

Does it cause any problems?

(I've never used a single point before so have no idea whether this would even remotely be an issue).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
                  Working...
                  X