WE Scar L DMR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Scar L DMR project

So recently I got myself a WE SCAR L and have decided to HPA. Then the thought crossed my mind about having a DMR. After stripping the gun, I've found out it already has a steel 6.02mm Extended TBB and RIS extension.

My question is, What else can I do to increase range and improve groupings? Obviously, I know the first response will be changing the hob rubber and nub, but to what? and is there anything else I can do to make this a good DMR?

Thanks

Re: WE Scar L DMR project

I've just git for first hpa setup so not to experienced but everything I have read is big bore barrels for gas and hpa.
    My one has mirical barrel and flat hopped and range is awesome... For airsoft!

Comment

(e)r-hop w/ m nub or flat hop.
      make sure the barrel doesnt vibrate, no movement in the hop arm/chamber
      use heavy bbs.
      I dont really know hpa/gas stuff, but I would imagine you would want to make it so the bb stabilises in fps/path before leaving the barrel by adjusting the inlet.
      You could change to a wider bore, again im not really sure how much difference it would make, as consistency is more important than id.

Comment

Widebores with hpa are said to be good, essentially as the hpa uses a lot more air than your standard Gbbr or aeg it creates a cushion of air around the BB. Unfortunately it is not fully proven, a myth. So you could go widebore but I have my r hopped hpa with an edge 6.05 shooting 75m really well. If you want accuracy you want consistency to get that air consistency needs to be good. So get a good regulator like a ninja regulator. Heavy bobs are good especially with r hop, but be warned, you will want to lower your fps a tad when using things like .43's for joule creep. You'll shoot 350 on the chrono but effectively be shooting 650.

If you flat hop I would recommend a prommy purple and a firefly red but that is aeg hop specs so I don't really know about Gbbr.

Hope I helped a little! Any hpa questions and I would love to help!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I've been looking at the Amped/Redline Firebase regulator on one of the guerilla tanks. With regards to bbs, should I be using say .4s or something like .3?

Comment

The guy I got my one from recommended .36s. I used it on .3s and it was great not had chance to try .36 at distance yet.
            Best bet is to get a small quantity and see what works best with your set up.
            All I have read is.....heavy BBS I tried .28s and it was crap so.....heavyweight the way forward!

Comment

If you can hop it, and don't mind the extra cost there's no real disadvantages of going heavier. Even running one of my guns at 280 fps has phenomenal range with .43. I wouldn't buy into the myth that people will start dodging them like neo either! The platinum rockets you can get from .3 to .45 for a very reasonable price, and would be w cost effective way to try and see what works. Best for you!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nadzeh Airsoft pew pew sneaky peaky Find out more about nadzeh
              Working...
              X