Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

SR25 Questions! Worth the swap? M4 Rail Compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR25 Questions! Worth the swap? M4 Rail Compatible?

Hi,

I am after a MUR body. But I can't find anything and am wondering if I should just convert my M4 (which I run either as dmr or mid range assault rifle) to an sr25.
    They are nicer than standard m4 bodies (though not the mur) and take nice short mags, which I don't have to pay a lot for like with an m4.

My questions are; will my DD 12" FSP Rail system fit? (M4 rails)
    Will standard AEG buffer, V2 gearbox and pistol grip fit?
    Is it worth the change for cheap short mags and a nice looking body? (Or is there a nice, well known branded M4 body with a different/no forward assist (cheap!!) and a place that sells short mags for around / less than £10 because personally I am debating making my own!)

Thanks

Re: SR25 Questions! Worth the swap? M4 Rail Compatible?

Bump? Could someone tag someone with an SR25 please?

Comment

bump; need answers soon

Comment

From what I can remember, no, it won't take a standard V2 gearbox. It's longer in the SR25.

I think the buffer tube will fit but the back plate is a lot larger against the body.

Not sure on the rail.

As for mage, why not just get short M16 VN mags? Low/Mids/Hi.

Not many bodies with no forward assist. Only VN M16 (AR15) I think. Forward assists were brought in as sometime the round didn't chamber correctly and pushing the assist made the bolt go fully forward and chambered the round.
        Volter do a very nice body if your wanting a change.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Ok, thanks, I won't swap and I'll persist at trying to find a second hand Vltor (mur). Thanks

Comment

image.jpgIn the real steel world M4's are calibred 5.56, whereas SR25's are calibred 7.62.
            Thus giving more room in the breach area.
            Ris fitting is pretty much universal as long as you have the correct tooling for fitting. As is the pistol grip, as long as you purchase the correct one for your motor.
            For the buffer, it will all depend on where the existing wiring is, or you reroute it.
            sigpic
            "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digital Find out more about Digital
            Working...
            X