Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-Hopping my GBB

Hi guys,

I have been giving a lot of thought to R-Hopping my GBBR to make the most of my limited mag capacity, it's a GHK AK74 so the barrel is staight out of an AEG so hopefully internet resource should be aplenty.

Has anyone got any testimonials from doing the same to theirs as well as any advice for someone starting out with this?

Olphy.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Re: R-Hopping my GBB

I'm looking to buy the HSA Z-Kit and M-Nub. It's a considerable investment in time and money compared to a better bucking, so does anyone have any experience in using it in GBB applications?

Comment

Yup. I put one in my WOC. Works well, but you'll need .30s or heavier to get the most out of it.

What do you want to know?

Comment

you might want to look into I-R hop, or whatever stupid name the guy has given it . Something to do with the material being better suited for colder temperatures of gas guns, to what extent, if any, this makes a difference I don't know. With a bit of googling, you can also find the materials that are used, and save yourself a pretty penny (~£4 per meter).

Comment

Yeh I got one of those. Didn't notice much of a difference as I was running a regular patch for a while.

Good thing about ordering from him is you get the different sizes, but you're right in that it's cheap material that can be bought elsewhere for next to nothing if you know what you're looking for.

Comment

It's my first install so just trying to go with what works. What's involved with buying the material by the meter, is there a lot of shaping/reworking involved?

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.

Comment

Not much really, just finding the correct one, then cutting it down to a smaller section. I then prefer to turn it inside out and cut it with a pen knife, as it makes the "legs" a better shape. From then its just the same as a normal install, perhaps even easier, because it has a slightly larger inner diameter so you don't really have to do any filing on the inside. If you want, drop me a pm with your address, I'd be happy to cut you off a section (gratis).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olphy Find out more about Olphy
              Working...
              X