Help choosing. Krytac or PTS RM4 ERG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help choosing. Krytac or PTS RM4 ERG?

All, I need some advice around a choice of M4 AEG replacement. I have narrowed the choice down to two.

I'm looking for a long barrelled M4 that has good performance out of the box. I don't want to have to start adding things to get the gun good.

The first is the Krytac SPR ( or LVOA if it becomes available in the near future.) I understand the fit and finish is really good and really like the keymod styling. Are they as good as the hype? How are they for range and accuracy with the standard barrel and hop unit. I game a lot in semi and wonder how its trigger performs? If YouTube is to be believed the Mofset makes it crisp but is that the case.

The second is the KWA/PTS RM4 ERG. Again the fit and finish is meant to be very good. It obviously has recoil which is an added bonus but the real draw is the realistic manipulation. Running low and mid caps is something I enjoy so having a last round fired cut out appeals to me. But is the performance good out of the box. I have the same questions as I had for the Krytac. Range, accuracy and trigger response.

Is anyone able to give some head to head comparison ?

There is only room for one in my collection unfortunately. So which one do you guys suggest?

As an aside I'm getting a Scorpion Evo 3 for CQB and it has been suggested that I'd be better forgetting an M4 altogether and using the Scorpion for all my games.

Is this right or just more hype?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Help choosing. Krytac or PTS RM4 ERG?

I'd go with the ERG, or (if you can afford it) a Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock, which the ERG is mostly based on. The Krytac is a very nice AEG, but it's just an AEG - and believe me, once you've had recoil, bolt-lock/release, stop-on-empty and a moving bolt it's hard to go back to a regular AEG. The ERG's performance out of the box is supposed to be very good - just make sure that it's shooting according to your site's limits, as early release ones were often around the 375fps mark with 0.20g BBs. The TM will be more expensive, but is nicer and above all has substantially better aftermarket support - particularly in the form of electronic trigger units (BTC's Spectre NexGen) which make it arguably the best AEG in the world.

The EVO 3 is also very nice - not as nice a Recoil Shock, and it has issues with sloppy fire selectors, but very nice nonetheless - and it needs (and has available) very, very few upgrades to run about as well as it can. However, personally I would take the £400 or so that it takes to get an EVO 3 and its rig, and combine that with the £400 or so you're planning to spend on your Krytac/ERG, and get a Recoil Shock HK416D and a comprehensive suite of upgrades. With the barrel extension removed the gun is easily compact enough to run in CQB - if you want something even smaller, a second HK416c-sized upper receiver is well within budget. With the money left over you have plenty of cash for a Spectre and various other upgrades to make it truly world-class.

Comment

ERG every time, its an improved version of the TM Next Gen, designed by the same engineer. It feature heavier recoil and can use standard mags as well as the propriety ones. Though as the propriety ones are available for 3 for £40 why would you. The KSC Rear wired M4A1 is also available know and the KWA version will be out soon. Hopefully as KWA themselves are releasing it now not just PTS the platform will gain more support and thus aftermarket kit will follow soon.
      The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Guys, thanks for taking the time to reply.
        I'll try and get hands on both a TM and ERG recoil to see which I fancy. I do like the option of using my existing M4 mags if I need to so the ERG seems like a good choice, but Ill have a look at the TM as well.

Again, thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Comicbook Hero I'm 40 something, used to do something like this for real and prefer the more tactical, low-mid cap style of doing things! Find out more about Comicbook Hero
        Working...
        X