TM MK23 SOCOM for first sidearm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM MK23 SOCOM for first sidearm?

Hello all. A small friend of mine who recently got into airsofting and only owns one gun (A JG MP5) is set on getting a TM MK23 SOCOM. At GZ last Sunday, he had a look at one and (Just as I did with the Detonics) really wants one. He is small, and couldnt get his hands around the grip propperly, and I have warned him about the crappy LAM and the heavy trigger pull, but NOOOOOO he has to get it. Is he making a good desision?

Re: TM MK23 SOCOM for first sidearm?

I have one and the trigger pull is pretty hefty (unless you rack the topslide every time) and it is a BIG gun (bigger than a DE with LAM and silencer) and finding a holster can be a PITA, It is a crackin gub but if he does have small hands like you say he would be better off with (and probably grow to realise it was the better choice) something like a 1911 or P226 or somesuch.
    sigpic

Comment

i have an mk23, they are great side-arms.

he has some options though...
      1- try a usp or usp tactical as they are just smaller versions of the pistol (pretty much)
      2- get the asg mk23 as it is cheaper, if he doesn't like it he won't have spent all that much.
      3- do it for love, not practicality and just buy the tm anyway

hope that helps.
      sigpic

Comment

Im on my thrid tm socom because they are awesome pistols to use

Ive read about people saying that once you have got the hop set correctly and all that they can outrange aegs!!!

Main downfalls really are the crappy lam as already mentioned and just the sheer size of the pistol and the holster (which I cant get on with)

Now i prefer the socom to other pistols like glocks and 1911's coz I find them just to damn small for my huge hands lol plus its awesome to be hidden in a bush in ambush and take out people with them knowing where you are due to it being so quiet when the silencer is attached

Comment

the tokyo mauri socom was my first ever gas pistol, it is a great pistol but its anoying to carry around, plus the mags are a pain in the arse, but on the good side it doesnt use that much gas, plus i know people who have had more socoms then any other pistol
          overall the tm mk23 is a great pistol but made me want the sheer awesomeness which is a gas blow back pistol which i honestly prefer at the moment
          Originally posted by FireKnife
          Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

get it, its too awsome to miss out on
            |JG G36K|G&P Magpul M4 Sentry|Kalash AKS-74M|Warrior L96|TM MK .23 SOCOM|TM Samurai Edge Jill Valentine Edition|CYMA Glock 18C|

Comment

Originally posted by metalboa View Post
              its awesome to be hidden in a bush in ambush and take out people with them knowing where you are due to it being so quiet when the silencer is attached
              agreed. i dont own a mk23, but i was shot by one. i didnt even here the gun, just got hit. turns out the guy was about 7ft away from me in a hedge.

i'm looking at getting one for myself, but cant justify it yet.

Comment

Thanks everyone, Ive have tried to tempt him with the TM M1911 and P226, but he loves the look of the SOCOM too much. I guess its his loss if he hates it then.......

Comment

I highly doubt hell hate it but as said above he might not get on with it but he will still love it, i dont get on with mine (thats now FUBARed) but i still love it and considering getting another one that works, its an absolutely epic weapon and if you get the hop just right you can use it on its own as a main weapon (as long as youve got enough mags) Just wish someone would make the M97 LAM again!
                  sigpic

Comment

what's wrong with it Arnie? is the hop buggered like mine by any chance? to OP. they have a bit of a dodgy hop design that can break after a while.
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Yeah its a big gun and the trigger is pretty hefty to pull but for the accuracy and power it delivers it is a very recommended gun.

TM is the only type of MK23 I would get. It actually silences the BB! Yeah the LAM is crap, but take it off, or use it for the Metal Gear Solid look.

Its a shame it is not metal though and doesn't blowback, but hey then it wouldn't be silent!

Comment

Nope was cleanin it at me gun desk, dropped the top slide on the floor, bent down to pick it up and fell off the chair and landed on it. 14stone bloke + plastic slide = foooked!! Dont suppose anyone wants to sell me their topslide? Lol!
                        sigpic

Comment

Buy It! They are fantastic. Plus they are the fastest selling gun in the classifieds so if your mate really cant get on wth it he can sell it within minutes.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                          Working...
                          X