Gun Lube for pistol slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Lube for pistol slides

iv been recommended to use lithium grease for the slide rails on pistols - a good idea or not??
    Originally posted by ste887
    yes but multicam is the new black
    and black is the new gay

Re: Gun Lube for pistol slides

Spot on. Silicone increases wear in metal-on-metal friction areas.
    sigpic

Comment

what about plastic slides and bodies?
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I use real-steel lube for pistol rails; works wonders.

I'll try to get a picture of it, I've forgotten the name of the stuff.

Comment

as caffin said what about metal bodies/rails and plastic slides like tm pistols?
          and black is the new gay

Comment

ive found with my plastic slide that grease.lube really sloowed the slide racking speed down, just too viscous, so ive just kept it very clean and used silicone spray where needed, but that might just be me using a pretty light short slide as its a glock 26.
            back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

sounds good ill just keep it clean and use silicon then
              and black is the new gay

Comment

Abby silicon GREASE is fine for every pistol application, specialized stuff can be used but you dont particularly need it, and yes you can use the abby grease on metal guns without issue, its the spray that causes issues, only use the spray in the blow back nozzle etc, use the grease on the slide rails etc.

if your a sheer perfectionist, sand down the rails and polish them with wet and dry paper.

Lithium is way to thick as well so if you use that, really use hardly ANY at all.

By the way the specialized magic lube for IPSC shooters is called moly g paste.
                that plus mirrored rails = uber slide action.

Comment

It sounds like I don't know as much as I thought I needed to know either.

What I thought cleaning was, was this:
                  Every 1-2 months, or after every shoot/skirmish you need to clean your GBB.
                  This involves field stripping the gun, and using Silicon Oil (such as the AI stuff) on the slide rails, and then a little on the mag valves as well.

What difference does the oil and grease make?
                  Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

Grease and oil, well ones liquid one isnt, all about viscosity (year 8 science here)

you should be cleaning your pistol after every skirmish if you want to run properly, like a real gun.

Your meant to GREASE the slide and frame rails etc, the oil will just splash everywhere and last about 10 shots get into the hop rubber then your standing there wondering why your pistol cant hit a barn yard at 5 meters.

Keep a tiny amount of gas in the mags for storage as well it keeps the seals properly shaped and lubed.

the silicon spray should be used in the barrel and in the blow back chamber however make sure your hop system is 100% dry gunk free and silicon spray and grease free!

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Every 1-2 months, or after every shoot/skirmish you need to clean your GBB.
                      At least every month, I run some shots through my mags and re-spray with silicone (a bit of a pain with 2 GBB pistol and 8 GBBR mags to do). Even left gassed, I've found they tend to dry out without use.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsoft_ben_1989 Find out more about airsoft_ben_1989
                      Working...
                      X