Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Strange my WE glock dont like WE green gas (what gas do you use?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange my WE glock dont like WE green gas (what gas do you use?)

Hi guys, first off sorry if this is not in the right section..

A few days ago i bought a WE EU Glock 18c, even though i know they have a few design problems like a weak BBU and sometimes the outta barrels and sights are known to crack, i do really like it..

Anyway when i first started using the gun i was using it with some Pro Tech green gas, and was very pleased with how the gun was performing, giving me around 51 - 60 usable shots per fill, and i was not really noticing a power drop on the recoil from cool down until around 45 - 50 shots, like i say i was very impressed..
    I run out of that gas so i started using the WE Nuprol 2.0.

Soon as i started using that gas i started to notice issues, the blowback/recoil did not seem as strong also when shooting it i kept feeling a drop of wet stuff on my hand coming from the slide, i take it that its the silicone oil in the gas, my shots per fill dropped quite a lot giving me around 40 shots per fill but i could feel the recoil slow down and get weak quite quickly, around 25-30 shots. I was not happy in how the gun seems to perform with this gas.. lol well im hoping its the gas..

Has anyone else had this issue using this gas? and what green gas do you guys use?

All the best, marc.
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Re: Strange my WE glock dont like WE green gas (what gas do you use?)

WE Nuprol gas sucks from my experience, as do there BB's
    The clown has no penis

Comment

Hi hef, i totally agree mate i tried WE nuprol BB's to in my WA SV infinity custom, it has a tight bore barrel and the WE Nuprols kept getting in the start of the barrel in the breech causing jams, i binned them in the end..
      Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
      My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Put propane in it and you'll notice a big difference

Comment

hi ben thanks for the reply,, i really want to be sticking with green gas, as its easier for me to get hold off.. I have just ordered the upgraded blue blowback nozzle though, so using co2 in the future might be the option i go for, but want to find out if i need to upgrade other things first before using co2..

Comment

I'd not use CO2 in a WE in summer, but winter should be fine.

Comment

In a way i am hoping i can stick with green gas altogether, as silly as it may sound it would be nice having the green gas guns and then my airguns all separate.. I just need to find a green gas my gun likes as i cant seem to buy that Pro Tech gas no more.. Any suggestions on a good green gas to try?

I was thinking about buying this slide and barrel set too but not keen on the slide has too much WE on it for my liking, but bargain for £30 posted, im wondering if i could just use the barrel in my standard slide..

Oh cant post links, well it was a silent arms look alike slide but WE throw up on it instead lol..
              ATB, Marc..

Comment

Abbey gas has always been fine for me
                The clown has no penis

Comment

Hi Hef, thanks for the reply mate.. I have used abbey ultra in my WA before and it worked well, i noticed is was a lot less oily then WE nuprol was thats for sure.. ill pick some of that up next week and try it in the WE glock, i also thought about trying some Airsoft Surgeon RWA gas although that stuff is quite expensive..

Comment

PROPANE. Buy 2 cans of Coleman £20. Buy a 13kg Tank of Propane £40. Buy a MAC Coupler £8. Propane Adaptor - £12

The tank will give you approx 25 cans of Propane plus the two you already have thats 27 cans on average. Each propane can holds approx double whats in a Green Gas can which retails for lets say £10. So green gas costs £20 for the same amount of Propane.

Works out at around £2.96 per tank of Propane, for the first 27 cans. Then its £25 for a refill which ends up being £1 per can there after. Or £20 for the same amount of Green Gas.

Not to mention it works a tad better in the cold, tad more power as well only issue is you have add silicone yourself (adapter comes with some) and lube seals for storage. Not to mention some guns prefer it, especially anything KWA.

Comment

Go with Abbey Brut Sniper gas. I've run that in my Glock for as long as I've had it and it's been perfect. For colder weather I highly recommend Guarder Powerup gas, the stuff in the giant black tin. My pistol cycles perfectly even when it's freezing outside.

Comment

HI guys thanks for guys, as said in my past post I would prefer to use green gas rather then propane I know green gas is a little more expensive but that's OK.. I'll see if my local does the guarder gas I know they sell the brut.. Thanks guys

Comment

Green gas is propane. You're paying a massive premium to buy it in little cans rather than a big tank and to buy it with a tiny amount of silicone oil added instead of the odorant, but it's still just propane.

You can run the gun on 'green gas' if you want, but if you're having problems with different brands of green gas (which may have an unfavourable blend of other hydrocarbons in them) a good choice is to try simple dry propane.

Comment

What he said!

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for your replies, yeah i know green gas is just another form of propane with added silicone too, But like i say its easier for me to get hold of (Internet or my local gun shop). and transport too if im honest, trust me i have enough to take to gun glub without having big propane bottles, lol also not keen on the eggy smell lol, if i dont just green gas i would just swap to co2 rather then propane,, the glock works more then fine on the pro tech gas, its just the WE gas it hates so i will find another gas it likes, and for how often i use the airsoft guns my green gas lasts a long time.

I have A LOT of airguns which get used much more then the airsoft pistols, but also with the shotgun gun shooting and with all the FAC guns the airsoft pistol get pulled out now and then, so i do not mind spending just that few quid extra in using green gas rather then pure propane..

Ill just do a bit of testing brands until i find the one the WE glock likes, it will not go to waste as my WA SV infinity is not as gas fussy but ill be getting other airsoft guns im sure, lol like i say if the WE winds me up too much ill just stick co2 in it..

ATB, Marc..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marc.RG1 Find out more about Marc.RG1
                              Working...
                              X