Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Need a Good lube for my GBB glock 18 internals, (your recommendations please?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Good lube for my GBB glock 18 internals, (your recommendations please?)

Hi guys, as the title says really, i need a good lube for my glock 18c internals like the blowback unit and hammer system, and maybe even the slide rail..

At the moment i have been using abbey moly grease on the rails as i do for my airguns, and have been using pellgun oil for the blowback unit and hammer system but the pellgun oil is not really meant for that..

So please could you recommend me some lube..

All the best, marc..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Re: Need a Good lube for my GBB glock 18 internals, (your recommendations please?)

Silicone oil on the plastic internal parts, and give the metal working slide and frame parts a polish, and then the frog live treatment. It'll take a day or so but its worth it

Comment

Re: Need a Good lube for my GBB glock 18 internals, (your recommendations please?)

Ive got the WE version, so not that much plastic apart from the frame and BBU nozzle, ill stick with the moly grease on the slide, this is the think though, i need an oil for the inside of the hammer assembly, and i know i should not use silicone for that.. lol newbie question then, whats frog live treatment? just a clean and polish?
      Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
      My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Frog is a brand of lubricant. It's not cheap but it's very good

Comment

Cheers I'll have a look around see if I can find it.

Comment

It's more commonly used as a cleaner as well. Here's what to do:

Fully strip down the pistol. To individual parts. A Dremel with a brass or steel wire brush makes a quick and effective polisher. Use that one all the parts to remove any of the rough black finish on parts.

Clean them all with water, place on a biscuit tin lid, and put them somewhere pretty hot. On top of a radiator, or in front of a fire or electric heater works very well. Give them 15 mins until they are hot to the touch. Then apply a lot of frog lube. A thick coating on all parts, and keep heated for another hour or two. Once time is up, wipe excess off with your hands, and leave to cool down. Once cool, wipe each part clean with a piece of kitchen towel.

The parts should have an ever so slightly greasy feel to them, and require next to no additional lubrication. One single drop of silicone oil and then a run of the finger of the rails on the frame is enough I find

Comment

HI mate thanks a lot for the info and help
              Wow the froglube is a lot of money isn't it, I think what I might do is try and get some murder oil as I have heard good things about it and it's quite a bit cheaper as well..
              Don't really want to be paying£25 for some lube that's not goings-on last that long by the sound of it..
              ATB Marc

Comment

HI guys, just another thought, 100% pure silicone oil is 100% pure silicone oil no matter what brand I buy, just the weight chances rather then the quality as such? Well I'm noticing pure silicone RC shock oil is much cheaper then stuff that has airsoft stickers on. So say something like 10wt would be fine for airsoft internals, what you think?
                ATB Marc

Comment

Another option is Loctite Super Lube, I use the spray, grease and dropper versions of these on all my gbb and vsr, it's a synthetic ptfe lube so very good at doing what it should and find its better than silicone based stuff as doesn't affect orings etc that silicon can do at times.
                  Frog lube is also good plus smells minty fresh
                  tmp_13530-IMG_20151204_16043565974909.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi mate, thanks for your reply,, ahh minty fresh guns another good reason to use frog then..
                    The JRAK Murder oil seems to be silicone free as well, strange that silicone can damage seals though as nearly all green gas has it added, or is its a slightly different stuff..

Comment

I can't see how silicone oil can effect O ring seals as the common way to cure a leaky mag is to soak the O ring seal overnight in, guess what? Silicone oil!!!
                      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Hi paul.
                        Well i decided to bite the bullet and order some JRAK Murder light oil from ehobby, (my first order using those) as i have heard nothing but good about that murder oil and its a pretty good price to.. So with the green gas with silicone in it, plus my moly grease for the slide now the murder light oil for the internals i should be sorted now then. Just really looking forward to my glock upgrade parts coming now.

Comment

I'll be interested in your experience with ehobby
                          Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

I'll let you know how it goes mate..

Comment

Ill stick with the moly grease on the slide.
                              Samsung J5 cover
                              Xperia z5 cover

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marc.RG1 Find out more about Marc.RG1
                              Working...
                              X