Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

New to airsoft - Looking for a beginner load-out (£300~ budget)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to airsoft - Looking for a beginner load-out (£300~ budget)

Hey there guys,
    New to Airsoft and looking for help sorting out a beginner loadout with a £300~ budget. The rifle that really taken my fancy is this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Attachments, speedloaders, mags, bb's everything!
    Thanks!

Re: New to airsoft - Looking for a beginner load-out (£300~ budget)

Morning mate and welcome, do you have defence?

Comment

Not yet, my Local field is getting UKARA approved in the next few weeks (looked into it today) but im just curious as I'd need to start putting the money away now.

Comment

£300 budget should get you a decent set up, but best advice would be to have a play / cabby / shoot with other peoples guns before you buy your own. You may find something you like better. G&G are great out of the box guns, as a rule of thumb, buy the best you can afford, this goes with all the bits you will need. don't buy cheap crappy bbs. If you know this already, sorry for sounding like a know it all, but I have been there ny self. This forum is a font of knowledge and sarcastic humour, the fact you are working towards your defence shows your maturity already as too many people try to bypass this basic requirement.
        Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks man! I really wanna take up a new hobby/sport now that I can no longer play rugby due a shoulder injury! I've really taken a liking to G&G's line of AEGs! Specially as they seems so affordable with all the basic mods already attachment such as the rail and stock etc;! Ill drop a screenshot of the necessities/loadout I've come up with on my own terms. Current Loadout

Any advice and help is appreciated!

Edit: Only thing I'm a bit puzzled on is Batteries and Attachment compatibility, just to put it out there.

Comment

The gg combat machine is a ideal starting point
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Hmm, just one thing, I seem to remember when I bought a G&G FireHawk that there was a mix-up and I ended up with that same battery you have there. I remember it did not fit in the buffer or stock (though the stock is different). But then again if you plan to wire it through the front then there is no problem.
              Well, I have made a kind pointless point as you probably will wire it through the front but if you do want to make sure; have a chat with 01's live chat support section, they are really helpful!

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Forum and the sport.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder injury.

With £300 you can get yourself a very good starter set-up. After looking at your proposed set-up, there are just a couple things that I'd like to mention. If you're using high-cap mags, you won't really need a speedloader until you feel like you want to use mid/lo-cap mags. I know it's only £8, but as you have probably found out, this hobby will be the bane of your wallets existence. I don't think the battery that you want to buy will fit in the gun, as it has to fit in the rear crane stock. Unless you want to get some work done to have the gun wired to the front. I've never used Bolle glasses, but personally I just feel more comfortable with goggles. Obviously you know not to use .12g bbs, I've also been told to not use the bbs that come with the gun even though they are .20g.

Have you played before with other people's guns/rentals?

Comment

Thanks boss, Sh*t happens ehh?
                  Thanks for the advice! I just have a few things to ask/say.
                  1) Would one high-cap and 3 Mid-cap mags be a good start?
                  2) Im completely confused with batteries, theres so many! I'm very electronic savy, but between it all I'm overwhelmed! help?!
                  3) The first thing I looked at was UKARA/BB regulations and learnt quickly theres only a good few brands that work perfectly with G&G.

I've played airsoft once, about 6 years ago with crappy £10 Uzi's at a Birthday party... So no is the answer to the last question! I've got my first skirmish at my local field in mid January - Where I will be renting.

Comment

I'd also budget for some decent protection as well especially eye and face.

I learned the hard way when I was cocky and went to my first CQB and wore just a T-shirt and jeans. Lots of people spend uber amounts on guns but very little on protection.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not cutting any corners! got a mesh mask and goggles on the list!

Comment

Hi-cap and 3 MIDs will be fine. That's about what I use. 4 MIDs and the Hi-cap is for last ditch shtf. Good eye and face protection yes. Boots and gloves are good some sites will not let you play with out boots. All the rest is whatever you feel comfortable in with the right clothing you can carry all you need in your pockets. If not there's loads of cheap rigs out there it's just finding what's right for you.

Comment

Also if you have enough, think about getting some knee pads. Kneeling on a BB is the airsoft equivalent of stepping on a plug/lego.

Comment

I've heard that so much looking around on forums and sites - I've got a pair of camo trousers wit built-in knee pads! What about elbow pads? I mean I'm a big guy 18St and 6ft 4 So i doubt im going to be diving around?

Comment

It depends on the environment you're going to. CQB very rarely will your elbows be on the floor... UNLESS you're like me and crawl under things.

Woodland, if you're prone, you might need to shoot from prone and or get down quickly so you might want elbow protection.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Arcvosa Find out more about Arcvosa
                              Working...
                              X