Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery voltage for G&G M14

Hi all,

First of all, this is my first time here on the forum. After skirmishing for a few months at a few different sites, my first RIF is on its way through the post. I have had a reasonable amount of exposure to air soft in order to settle on my first gun and I have gone for the G&G M14, for both the play style and the rifle itself.

There is a reasonable amount of contradictory advice on the type of battery that you should be using for this rifle and I was looking for some clarity on current thinking. I do not envisage using this rifle on full auto whatsoever but even then I am happy to accept slightly slower than 'instant' responses from a trigger pull whilst also prolonging the lifespan of the internals. With this in mind, would a 8.4V standard (non-lipo) work with my needs?

Many thanks.

Re: Battery voltage for G&G M14

Any of em would work. I'd suggest 7.4v lipo or 9.6v nimh.

An 8.4v will do. And an 11.1v is probably a little much

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I've heard some bad things about LiPo's and new players so I think I'll stick with the NiMh's until I've got a bit more comfortable with the whole thing.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

There's nothing to fear with lipo's, they are no more dangerous than a nimh, if you abuse any battery it could go bang. There's plenty of reports of dodgy lipos that have exploded due to poor Chinese manufacturing, equally there are many reports of crappy nimh batteries exploding. I've had one catch on fire when I was charging it back in the day.

Lipo's are fine if you buy a reputable brand, and follow a couple of simple rules

1) use a balance charger (plenty about at reasonable price)
        2) use a look alamr so it doesn't drop below minimum voltage when in use (can be had for £2-£3)
        3) charge in a fire bag, these are also non expensive
        4) don't charge unattended - you shouldn't charge any batteries unattended never mind a loop!!
        5) put it on the charger before your game day
        6) put it on the charger when you get home before storing it
        7) as with any batteries don't store it anywhere metal hot or mental cold

Most of those rules apply to nimh handling too, lipo's are far from a hand grenade waiting to burn your house down as some scare stories have you believe.

The advantages of a lipo over a nimh for you is that you generally get larger capacity (more mah) from a 7.4v lipo compared to a nimh of the same physical size. A 7.4v Lipo would do you very nicely, aim for something around the 20c mark, and depending on what space you have for a battery around 2500mah usually lasts me a day with ease.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DMR Find out more about DMR
        Working...
        X