Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any better EBB brands than TM?

Hey guys

So im pretty out of the loop on airsoft brands, ive only ever owned TM.

However im looking around to see if theres anything better / alternatives out there in regard to EBB rifles?

I just sold my TM SCAR L so i have a fair amount to spend, just looking to see if theres any great TM alternatives before i just get a TM HK417

Disclaimer, it has to be EBB, not interested in GBB

Re: Any better EBB brands than TM?

There are no other EBB's brands that match TM's performance and reliability out of the box.

The only brand that comes close is the KWA RM4 range which has slightly stronger recoil than the TM. They are also a bit cheaper but do not have the moving ejection port/charging handle and the hop unit is not as consistent as the TM (still performs well though).

I personally would go for the TM HK417, you can't go wrong with Tokyo Marui.

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
      There are no other EBB's brands that match TM's performance and reliability out of the box.

The only brand that comes close is the KWA RM4 range which has slightly stronger recoil than the TM. They are also a bit cheaper but do not have the moving ejection port/charging handle and the hop unit is not as consistent as the TM (still performs well though).

I personally would go for the TM HK417, you can't go wrong with Tokyo Marui.
      yeah this is what i was thinking, no one mentions anyone else for top EBB guns so perhaps its another TM

Comment

The only real EBB guns worth looking at are (in order) TM, KWA and then Bolt.

Ive never owned any EBBs from any of these makes, but people rave about TM all over the place and at least you know exactly what you are getting. Ive used a KWA ERG for a short time, and I liked it, nice build, recoil felt strong and crisp (and id say arguably slightly stronger than a TM (TM SCARs do have the weakest recoil though due to stock design) but not so much as you'd notice) but otherwise I cant say much on it.

Ive also seen people recommend the Bolt series of EBB, but then the only times I've really seen those recommended is on Facebook, by people who seem intent on spending the least amount of money possible and who for some reason hate TM guns.....so there you go, maybe theres a link between those two points.

TM won't disappoint. Their models with an actual buffer tube also should result in a stronger recoil. Plus the 417 is chambered in 'Man Sized 7.62 x 51'. And who doesn't love a 417...
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

TM's Recoil Shocks are by far the best EBB guns on the market, but even within the TM range there are clear winners and losers. The AR-based guns (SOPMOD, SOCOM, CQBR, Recce, HK416, HK417) and SCARs (SCAR-L, SCAR-H) have more features and better support than the others (G36s and AKs - no bolt lock or stop-on-empty).

The KSC/KWA ERGs are second-best but have much weaker aftermarket support (fewer upgrades), lower magazine capacity, and lack the moving bolt cover. BOLTs are pretty badly made, especially for how expensive they are. I would take an ERG over a BOLT any day.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
            TM's Recoil Shocks are by far the best EBB guns on the market, but even within the TM range there are clear winners and losers. The AR-based guns (SOPMOD, SOCOM, CQBR, Recce, HK416, HK417) and SCARs (SCAR-L, SCAR-H) have more features and better support than the others (G36s and AKs - no bolt lock or stop-on-empty).

The KSC/KWA ERGs are second-best but have much weaker aftermarket support (fewer upgrades), lower magazine capacity, and lack the moving bolt cover. BOLTs are pretty badly made, especially for how expensive they are. I would take an ERG over a BOLT any day.
            As i say i had a SCAR as it was great, just i didnt get on with it, so sold. My mate has a G36k recoil which is cool. But im just seeing what other option (if any) there are before i grab a HK417

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

infernouk Find out more about infernouk
            Working...
            X