Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoner LMG

Lo all, advice /experience time again.
    Am thinking of getting a Stoner LMG but it comes from two different manufactures, ARES and Classic army, has anybody any experience of either of these this gun by theses two?

Re: Stoner LMG

I run an ARES stoner myself. It's lighter than the SAWs and M60s, and it's something a little unique and gets some attention when it turns up; mine actually featured in the London Motor Film Festival last year. Magazines can be a pain to get a hold of, it doesn't take any other box mags, or magazines except the specific ARES stoner version. It's very easy to dissassemble though. I've had no issues inside my gearbox since I bought it (and I bought it second hand, so I have no idea how much wear it went through before me!) the piston is the only thing that's ever broken on me.

Attaching a sling can be a little difficult, the sling loop on the stock means the stock is prone to falling off if it suffers too much stress (mine's fallen off twice now, mid-game), but I've spoken directly to ARES, as the other guy did before me and their customer service is really helpful when it comes to parts or advice.

Generally, I'd recommend. I'm not sure on the CA version, but I enjoy my ARES for sure. Don't think I'll ever get rid of it, it's definitely a keeper. I've not looked into upgrading any internals in any exceptional detail but assuming my internals are all stock, it's lasted amazingly well and performs admirably.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shamus5178 Find out more about shamus5178
    Working...
    X