Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun & pistol loud out help

Evening all,

im after a bit of advice from those that rock a shotgun and pistol load out. I've always had a rifle and I tend to get bored quite quick with them, I play CQB and would welcome a view from people on how they find playing games with shotgun and pistol.

im tempted to sell my rifle, mags, batteries etc and get a G&P shotgun with spare shells and a pistol (TM of course) with 3/4 magazines.

i played a few game about 9 months ago with just a pistol and had a blast and got quite a few kills and think this might be the way to go to bring a bit more fun to my game

cheers all
    sigpic

Re: Shotgun & pistol loud out help

I used my new shotgun yesterday at Strikeforce CQB and to be honest, I'm prepared to sell all my other guns now as there's no way I'd use a rifle over a shotty now. It's so much fun.

Comment

i thought the g&p shotguns were single shot guns? they look proper nice but always found using a shotgun was more fun wth more bb's thrown out per shot, ive used three round and five round ones both are really good fun five rounder needed more care as range was limted, in cqb up close it was awesome tho didnt need to aim just point and it was only a cheap acm gas one, proper fun day tho guess you have to be in the right frame of mind when playing with one its more for the experiance and fun i found which is all im after on a day out.

Comment

mckillmore you got me with a jumping shotgun kill yesterday think I got you back though

I play at strikeforce cqb a lot and sometimes rock a tri shot.

My tips for cqb it's good but depends on your style of play and just avoid running into a bunch of aegs.

Pistol combo with it should be fine and a great combo for cqb

Comment

Originally posted by Ians View Post
          mckillmore you got me with a jumping shotgun kill yesterday think I got you back though
          Haha was I sort of jumping backwards? I remember that. Yeah I got shot in the same instant but it was worth it. Great day, really like that site.

Comment

Yep that was the one, was not quite what I expected but certainly made me smile.

Regarding shotgun load out for cqb I changed my game slightly and avoided more open areas to concentrate more on tighter corners and areas. Means you can use the slightly smaller size and potential lack of quicker follow up shots to your advantage.
            If only 1-2 can get to you it certainly helps your advantage.

Other tip is to buy one of the shotgun Velcro cartridge things slap it on your gun and helps you reload quicker, if you carry a speedloader you can flip the gun over and reload a number of cartridges on the way back to spawn.

Comment

Cheers all, I'm tempted to take a punt, just unsure to go for shorty version of G&P 870 or the medium with flashlight or even the one in medium with speedstock and mount an eotech
              sigpic

Comment

Definitely going for pistol and a shottie loadout, just torn between the Cybergun FNX45 and the TM Sig226 for main shooter. I love the look of the FNX but only have small hands and keep coming back to the range neon better with the TM which will serve me well, assume that's the right approach?

cheers
                sigpic

Comment

TM M870 Breacher all the way.

Near enough the same range as an AEG, 3 or 6 shot option and easy to wield.

Got a Bushnell Holosight on mine and it is the dog's.
                  Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

Yes, Shotgun (TM Breacher with stock) and pistol is one of my options. Its great fun at pretty much any CQB site and gives you another dimension / style of play. I dont think I would ever only own a shotgun though as I do like the change my loadout and playstyle a fair bit.

I have run both a springer shotgun and the TM and I have to say the TM is far more satisfying to use, but the cheap springer still gets out once in a while just for fun or as a loaner.

Comment

I used to do pistol and shotgun till pistol only took over and I found them all too bulky and sold them all my tm m870 ruined my shotgunning experience. It was great an all but too big. The breacher is the only SG I would bother owning now, even though I hate the look of it. G&P ones are nice good range and accuracy I had an A&k clone but my Mk23 fulfills the job better.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                        I used to do pistol and shotgun till pistol only took over and I found them all too bulky and sold them all my tm m870 ruined my shotgunning experience. It was great an all but too big. The breacher is the only SG I would bother owning now, even though I hate the look of it. G&P ones are nice good range and accuracy I had an A&k clone but my Mk23 fulfills the job better.
                        MK23s do most jobs better than most things, to be fair.

TM M870s are not, in my opion, slingable. They are too fragile, put too much pressure on the sling points at each end and they flex in the middle, become loose over time, and then end up leaking.

I enjoy using cut down TM springer shotguns (with stock) when I need a bit of extra medium range accurate fire power (I usually just use pistols, or a bolt action if I'm having trouble stalking close enough to get within MK23 range). Very light, very slingable, seemingly indestructible. I use two small dump pouches on my left hip, one holds full shells, one for empties. Serpa on right hip for a TM GBB + TM MK23 in a cross draw if there are a lot of AEGs about that I may need to outrange...

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Yeah don't think I'd sling one or use it outside fullstop as I like to keep low roll about and crawl through the mud it would be knackered in seconds. Which is a good call for the tri-shot springer shottys but still I wouldn't bother and didn't, had a lovely one I fully customed myself which went with the rest of them. I suppose I don't like carrying anything bigger than a pistol if I don't have to. I only have 2 aegs left and was considering getting rid of them just like the op but decided I do still need them now and again and 2 is the ideal number plus they are small. You may be starting to see a theme here, I don't do big gun's.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                            Yeah don't think I'd sling one or use it outside fullstop as I like to keep low roll about and crawl through the mud it would be knackered in seconds. Which is a good call for the tri-shot springer shottys but still I wouldn't bother and didn't, had a lovely one I fully customed myself which went with the rest of them. I suppose I don't like carrying anything bigger than a pistol if I don't have to. I only have 2 aegs left and was considering getting rid of them just like the op but decided I do still need them now and again and 2 is the ideal number plus they are small. You may be starting to see a theme here, I don't do big gun's.
                            I feel the same about AEGs. Occasionally at a skirmish you may need one, if the terrain is open and there are loads of highcaps about. But really, in my opinion, most people use big AEGs as a kind of comfort blanket. The same reason they wear plate carriers and loads of mags, and drop legs etc. They feel vulnerable without them.

I used to use a TM MP7 GBB for indoors stuff, but then it dawned on me... a pistol is better. The bigger MP7 had almost no advantages. More ammo, ok. But meh.

I'm with you 100% here, Heroshark.

I run and take part in private games that have either very limited ammo rules (like 20 pellets for a long gun + 2 pistol mags for the entire day), or a "real cap" mag limit (like in the game in the video I posted above). With real cap mag limits it makes a trishot really useful, compared to an AEG. AEGs are limited because there are only so many mags of 30 you can carry, but shotguns have, what feels like, an unlimited supply of ammo. They become very useful in these games for suppressing. But these are just private games with rules in place to try to level the playing field and promote accurate shooting.

But for the OP, my advise is to be as light and streamline as possible when running a shotgun, and find a way that suits you for quick reloads. Eg dump pouches, wrist mounted shell holders, on the sling, on the shotgun etc.
                            “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Although I must admit to one of my cqb eccentricities of sometimes carrying upto 6 pistols when 2 would do. Also way too many magazines which probably weigh as much as 2 aegs. But hey it's all fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
                              Working...
                              X