Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

JG AUG A2 what battery, charger and upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG AUG A2 what battery, charger and upgrades?

Hi all.

Bought my first AEG the other day and looking for some advice what battery and charger to buy as you only get a the basic one with a wall charger.

Also what upgrades would be most important for the AUG?
    The king arms mid/low cap magazines are they any good?

Thank you for any advice.
    Last edited by GothicGhost; 6 January, 2016, 19:20.

Re: JG AUG A2 what battery, charger and upgrades?

For battery + Charger set I would suggest avoiding the older NIMH/NICD type packs, these days LiPO has it beat in almost every single way including cost.
    I would suggest avoiding airsoft specific packs too, they are typically more expensive and almost always are inferior.

I would highly recommend;
    *Charger - Turnigy Accucel 6
    *Battery - Turnigy Nanotech 7.4v 2200mah 35/70C Lipo.

You can always opt for a higher "C" rating than 35/70 since that's simply the discharge rate - higher will not cause damage, only handles higher current draw better, however even a 25C pack would offer significant gains over any NIMH, particularly for startup (trigger response).

Good basic upgrades to start with are;
    * Deans connectors - Cheap, far better current handling than tamiya, and also more reliable.
    * Hop Bucking - JG's are typically poor and will not see you close to the best range/accuracy out of the box. Swapping the hop bucking out for something like a Marui will guarantee to give you better accuracy, range and will set you back no more than a fiver - it will also give you far better gains than swapping out the inner barrel along (which is expensive).

Further simple but cheap upgrades;
    * MOSFET - A simple decent MOSFET (firestorm) will set you back about £10 from the UK. This will fully protect the trigger contacts from burning out (which IME is a problem for even stock JG's), it does all of the current switching on FET (essentially a solid state relay) as opposed to the arcing that occurs on the normal mechanical switch. They are included with a full 16awg wiring loom (which is a full electrical upgrade all round). This will in addition to deans connectors significantly improve lifespan of the switch assembly in addition to a noticeable improvement in trigger response and sometimes even peak rate of fire. The AUG uses a V3 gearbox, which means to install a MOSFET you do not need to take the gearbox apart, so install is simple if you have a soldering iron.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Sniperjesus pretty much has everything covered. Also be aware (as has been my experience) that out of the box it might be a bit hot; i.e. too powerful. My JG G36 was 380fps out of the box and by JG G3SAS was 360+fps out of the box. My personal solution was to clip a few coils of spring to bring down the power but a less pikey method would be to just buy a 1j spring.

Comment

Thank you Sniperjesus and McKillmore great information i appreciate it.

The things I found I don't like is the trigger it feels clumsy to use on semi auto?
        Maybe I have been using GBB pistols to much lol.

Quick question about disassembly if you can help.

I know I can take the metal receiver from the lower frame and the gear box comes out the back some how.
        But is frame itself hard to open it up ? I probably later spray the casing tan color when I feel brave enough and I don't know if I need the casing off to do any of the upgrades?

I can't find any videos for a complete disassembly myself

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by GothicGhost View Post
          Thank you Sniperjesus and McKillmore great information i appreciate it.

The things I found I don't like is the trigger it feels clumsy to use on semi auto?
          Maybe I have been using GBB pistols to much lol.

Quick question about disassembly if you can help.

I know I can take the metal receiver from the lower frame and the gear box comes out the back some how.
          But is frame itself hard to open it up ? I probably later spray the casing tan color when I feel brave enough and I don't know if I need the casing off to do any of the upgrades?

I can't find any videos for a complete disassembly myself

Thanks for any help.
          No problem
          I'll get the take down up on here tomorrow for you (busy weekend!)
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thank you very much for doing that.
            I had a quick look inside with only the front part off and it does look like a lot of moving parts inside.

Bit scared taking the plastic apart without knowing what to expect lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GothicGhost Find out more about GothicGhost
            Working...
            X