Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Black electronic ear defenders / headset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black electronic ear defenders / headset?

Wondering if anyone knows of any decent low price (below £80) electronic ear pro that can work as a headset too? I've seen Z tactical ones but they say they don't accept mics. Only ones I've really seen are real peltor comtac ones and I don't fancy paying a heap on them. Preferably comtac III style but anything else is fine.

Re: Black electronic ear defenders / headset?

Unless you are prepared to pay out for something like a real set of Sordins or Comtacs then don't expect them to work very well.

If you up the budget to about £100 then you can probably get a set of Sordins that will plug into the AUX port on a simple fist Mic.

Comment

Z tac sordins and comtacs do have mics.
      Downside is, they aren't great. Just for a look they are ok but for functionality is not good.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
        Z tac sordins and comtacs do have mics.
        Downside is, they aren't great. Just for a look they are ok but for functionality is not good.
        Only ones I've seen have mics are in OD and other colours never seen any in black Is it possible to get the case off the boom mic ones so I can paint it? OD ones seem to come with black cushioning so would only need it for the case

Comment

You can remove the Boom mic from Z tacs so with a little masking they should be safe to spray with plastic friendly paint.

This all depends on what you want from a headset, if you want OK functionality with the looks, limited hearing protection and active hearing which is shoddy at best then the Z-tacs are fine (I have run them in the past).

If you want true sound amplification and active hearing protection with good quality of sound then for the budget I would go with real Peltor Comtac XP or MSA Sordin Pro, a fist mic with output and then either a cable to connect them or just run a in ear covert setup with the fist mic.

I now run Comtac XP and a fist mic and the difference between my old Z tacs and this set up is like night and day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JR0210 Find out more about JR0210
          Working...
          X