Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best M16/M4 make? and electric or gas and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best M16/M4 make? and electric or gas and why?

Hey, I am new to airsoft and am playing my first game next month. I just want to ask which make would you choose for and m16/m4 and why? Also do you prefer gas or battery powered?

Thanks.

Re: Best M16/M4 make? and electric or gas and why?

Welcome! I'd say G&G are making some good quality m4s at the moment. Me and my friend originally started with classic army, we had nothing but problems. However he went on to buy a CM16 raider from zero one (currently at 123GBP) And it is perfect. Although it is plastic bodied it is very powerful and zero one tuned it for him to around 340fps, very powerful and extremely accurate. In my opinion, the perfect starter m4. Generally for all round use, go for a battery powered option. Gas tends to be weaker in cold temperatures. But for a side arm gas is a good Option!

Comment

Gas weapons require a lot more tlc and are limited in terms of magazine capacity, as well as being prone to temperature related issues.

For a first M4, I have to agree with the post above; get a G&G AEG.

Comment

Welcome to the money draining hobby called airsoft.

As for what make of M4/M16 is best....thats a rather broad reaching question. The AR15 series (read M4/M16 family) is probably the most abundant rifle in the ******* *****. Dozens of companies make them, and they vary in price/quality/features/compatibility and such. Any prices I mention are GBP and Im assuming your buying in the UK and not importing most of the time, and assuming you're buying new.

Electric M4s start around the £100 mark up to £3,000 mark. G&G Combat Machine make arguably the best entry level gun. They have a solid reputation in the market, and they are well known to players and are recommended time and time again. Their bodies are made from polymer, but its a very good polymer which is again, arguably stronger than some pot metal bodies found on Chinese clones. Other good brands to look for are Tokyo Marui, G&P, King Arms, Krytac, KWA, VFC, G&G, Systema, JG, WE and others.

Gas M4s again start at £200 ish and go up to the thousands for things like Inokatsu and Viper Tech. WE do less expensive ones, and then your looking at G&P WOCs, KWA, King Arms, Tokyo Marui and so on. Gas is more pricey to get into as the magazines are more expensive, and they do require more maintenance, but can be more fun to use due to the full moving bolt and recoil.

If your starting out, an AEG is going to be better. Its going to be far less affected by temperature and will provide you with a more rounded rifle to suit your playing style or the games your playing. You can spend as much on an airsoft M4 as you want to really!
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Welcome to the game!

Your best bet is to get yourself to a site and hire a gun first. While you are there mingle with other players in the safe zone and ask them about their guns. 9 times out of 10 players will want to talk you to death about their prize aeg and will even let you hold it. This is the best way to find out which is best for you and get an honest opinion on the quality of certain manufacturers etc without having to fork out on something you may regret buying.

That out of the way. I've owned many AR15's,
          Academy was my first (now a defunct brand I believe - stay clear either way)
          Tokyo Marui. I've had more than a few by TM they are the "god father" of aegs. Definitely recommended.
          Classic Army, I had one by CA. As have a few team mates and friends. Every one I've had my hands on has had some kind of issue. CA doesn't get my recommendation at all.
          G&G I had a GR16 (I believe) for a short while. it never (ever) worked on automatic for me. I sold it at a loss advising the buyer of the issue. it worked flawlessly for him. G&G are built like bricks. on that regard I'd recommend them.
          Dboys I had a Dboys M4, and a few friends have had their SPR's very cheaply made. Almost always need some work doing to get them "up to par" but great for the price. My friends SPR out lasted some of my other team mates more expensive aegs!
          ICS. the defacto brand. don't bother with anything else (read that as "ICS is my favourite") I've had an ICS M4 Para (limited Edition) since 2007. It's had some cosmetic changes and a new tappet plate, spring and motor in there. Other than that it's still a rock solid M4 that always puts rounds where I want it. Every ICS M4 I've handled has been amazing to fire and very solid. as they say on those internets "ten out of ten would bang"
          CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

I have a G&G mod 1 (it's a m4 combat Machine with a cosmetic difference)

Excellent first gun and have had no problems using it and put a fair few rounds through it, well built and run into enough doors and walls with it.

For the money a good gun in my opinion.

Best thing to do is to chat to a few people at your local site and see what they have and what they think of it as that will give you an idea.

Comment

Definately go, AEG..(battery poewered) to start, and as many have said, the G&G combat machines are a really good starting point...enjoy your airsoft, and welcome to the game..
              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RROBDOREE Find out more about RROBDOREE
              Working...
              X