Maruzen CA870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maruzen CA870

Anyone got any feedback on this shotgun? I know its single shot but how skirmishable is it, ie, power, range accuracy etc, also, how robust are they?
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Re: Maruzen CA870

Firstly its Maruzen CA870 charger as the Maruzen CA870 is the gas version.
    Now.. it seemed slightly underpowered for my liking, the accuracy is pretty good, the plastic is pretty good. I'd recommend it but i do believe there are better shotguns for the price. ( TM shotguns )

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
      Firstly its Maruzen CA870 charger as the Maruzen CA870 is the gas version.
      Really? The CA870s (Charger, CQB, sawn off, folding stock, full stock stc) all seem to be spring powered. The gas version seems to be just M870.
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
        Really? The CA870s (Charger, CQB, sawn off, folding stock, full stock stc) all seem to be spring powered. The gas version seems to be just M870.
        Ssshh.. your not supposed to know. anyway, i copyed this off some site:

Good Points
        Powerful
        Looks very intimidating
        Accurate
        Mags are cheap and hold a lot of ammo
        Compact size (555mm - about 21")
        Upgradeable
        Build material
        Realism

Bad Points
        No sights
        Only 1 shot - no spread like on a real shotgun

General Comments

There are 3 versions of the Maruzen CA870 available which are all internally identical - just different looks:
        Sawed off: sawed off effect wood grips.
        CQB: black tactical grips with a RIS and a reflex sight.
        CQB stock: same as CQB but has a full stock.

My review is on the sawed off one because that's the one I own. When I got it, it had been reduced from £70.00 to £56.00.
        It is modeled after a sawed off Remington M870 shotgun. It is amazing for the money - in my opinion, it is definitely the best gun you will get under £100. It feels just like a real Remington sawed off 870 and it has a heavy weight for a gun so small. It is made of carbon fibreglass - a highly strong material, with the only plastic parts being the magazine and the mag tube. There is a lot of metal on this gun too. The trigger unit, sling swivels and end cap are metal and underneath the fibreglass outer, the internals are encased by a heavy metal box.
        The sound it makes when you cock it is incredibly realistic. It makes a very menacing 'clak-clak' noise. The pump is also very easy to pull back, which is surprising for a gun with such a strong spring. Another good feature is the anti double-load mechanism. When you cock it, only 1 round will be chambered. If you try to pull it back again, it will not move, no matter how hard you pull it. This is good because double loading will eventually wreck the hopup unit and jam the barrel.
        The mags it takes are very similar to APS-2 mags. They are small box mags which hold 40 rounds. A quick loading tool is supplied so you don't have to load the bbs in individually. There is also a stopper on the mags, so the bbs won't spill out if you turn them upside down. They are very cheap, costing just £5 each from Airsoft Dynamics.

POWER:
        The power is very high for a spring gun. I chronographed it and got an average of 295fps with 0.20g bbs. The consistency is also very high. The fps of the shots only varied by about 4 or so. It is higher powered than AEGs and TM shotguns.

ACCURACY/RANGE
        The accuracy is extremely good and the bbs have a nice, flat trajectory. The full range is about 150 feet and it is accurate to about 130 feet. The hopup is set for 0.20g bbs, but you can also use .25. NEVER use .12g bbs in this gun though, they will jam it.

UPGRADEABILITY:
        There are quite a few upgrades available for this gun at the moment. Internally, there are:
        Springs: M100 (320fps), M120 (400fps) and M140 (460).
        Metal spring guide - you MUST have one of these in if you want to put a tougher spring in.
        Improved hopup unit (this alone will increase the range to about 170ft).
        Tightbore inner barrel (this increases power, range and accuracy).

Externally, there are metal outer barrels to replace the fibreglass one and metal mag tubes to replace the plastic one. Because it is so close in design to a real Remington 870, you can even fit on real Remington stocks and pumps with some minor sanding. should you wish to transform it from a sawed off into a full size, a full length metal outer barrel is also available.

Comment

Thanks for that, sounds promising.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
          Working...
          X