X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUG customisation

just wanted to know your opinions on my idea here it is

i plan to drill two holes in the butt stock of my AUG and screwing an RIS rail to it then attaching a PEQ box then i will drill a third hole take the battery adapter off the wires and push the wires through the hole then i will re attach the adaptor so that it can be fed into the PEQ box so that i can use large type 9.6 batteries without forking out for custom ones just wondering if this is possible and if you think it is a good idea (will also speed up battery changes)

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
    You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
    Kid has issues

Re: AUG customisation

or you could just go buy a 7.4 lipo.......?
    back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Having owned a Very highly tuned aug I'd strongly suggest a lipo. 20c+ As a guide.

A peq box is an ok idea if you have it already but could snap off easily if caught.

My 2p

K_K

Comment

i'd buy the lipo battery mate. I thought about using a peq box myself but i think it would look seriously ugly. It's not as if the battery is hard to get to on an aug anyway and using the peq box might even be slower than normally. You can get a 9.6V 2000mAh nun-chuck battery from loads of places that'll fit in the battery compartment with less modification than drilling holes in the stock.

Comment

As for the main idea, remember you're using a bullpup, so that rail would have to be VERY well placed in order to not get in the way/snapped off.
          Battery changes are silly quick with the AUG after a little practice anyways, personally I'd either go LiPo or leave it as is.
          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 19 May, 2010, 08:22. Reason: inflammatory
          Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

i never knew that tm AUG's were lipo ready guess i should of done my research but won't that wreck the internals faster? btw what's the best battery for low rate of fire/long battery life

You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
            Kid has issues

Comment

go do some reading about lipo batteries, this whole 'lipo ready' thing is purely marketing strategy for people who don know much about lipo batteries.
              just as a quick rule of thumb tho, a 7.4 lipo will give the same rate of fire as an 8.4V and depending on your setup can almost match the speed given by a 9.6V NiMH battery.
              back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

thanks a million please close

Kid has issues

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

baffled.orange "you want peggle? GO F^@K YOURSELF!" Find out more about baffled.orange
                Working...
                X