Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK12 DMR Query

Alright chaps,

I've got a mind to build/commission a MK12 style DMR and I just want to get an idea of what is a good base gun to use and what upgrades (if necessary) I need to look at to get it to the appropriate site-legal DMR power and range (usually 400-450?).

Any advice/input/grief/biscuits is always appreciated.

Pete
    Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Re: MK12 DMR Query

Are you looking at a any particular brand? Typically G&P or VFC is a good start as have very good quality externals and fairly robust gearbox shells which provide a decent ground to work with when it comes to upgrades.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

I had started looking at G&P but hadn't considered VFC, I've already got one of their 416 rifles and that's been bulletproof.

Comment

build it from scratch?
        Attached Files
        Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

I'd like to but it seems a tad ambitious for my first venture in modding so if I can commission or pick one up then all the better I guess. Haven't really spoken to anyone that upgrades with great enough detail in order to know what to do and not balls it up. :O)

Comment

Psst WE GBB.
            "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
            Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I do like WE but I need aeg for this as my mob use aeg and we need mags to be interchangeable M4 jobs

Comment

Fair enough.

You thinking Mod0 or Mod1?
                "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Mod1 I reckon, just trying to get an idea of not only a decent base gun, but necessary upgrades that also wont cripple me financially you know?

Comment

Are Bolt rifles any cop?

Comment

the g&p mod1 is a decent base as externally it's everything you need, the vfc is quite nice too.

If you have something to use in the mean time i highly reccomend doing a bit of research to find out what mods you can do if you want to keep it kosher externally, and just add bits as and when you can afford it.

my personal rifle is mainly g&p externals, dboys ergo pistol grip and peq2, a.c.m scope mount and m1 or m3 clone with red dot etc
                      the internals are a lonex gearbox and motor, g&p metal hop unit with prommy 6.03 tightbore, prommy hop rubber and firefly nub.
                      safe-semi-3 round burst thanks to an ascu 3+, comfortably putting out 300fps on average on a .2 and range is about 60ish metres consistently 0n a .25, i could probably get more out of it if i get it r-hopped
                      Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
                        Are Bolt rifles any cop?
                        No, not really.

Get the VFC Mk.12 Mod.1 AEG. It's pricey (around $440) but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a G&P and all the other parts that go into the conversion.

Comment

Good to know! im running a VFC 416 at the moment which I love to bits and have considered just getting another one of those and giving it the DMR treatment...

Comment

VFC 416 will dake some beating imo.

I've been disappointed with other 'good quality' brands after my 416!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mister Zsasz Find out more about Mister Zsasz
                            Working...
                            X