Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Just bought a 2nd hand pistol what will I need for maintenance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a 2nd hand pistol what will I need for maintenance?

I've just bought a 2nd hand pistol (KWA/ASG Glock 17) what will I need for maintenance? Is silicone oil enough or do I need cleaning rods and grease?
    Also, is transporting airsoft in its original box okay assuming the box itself is inside a rucksack so that any branding is not visible?

Re: Just bought a 2nd hand pistol what will I need for maintenance?

It is advised to use both spray oil and grease. Also yes it is important to keep your barrel clean, no matter if it is a pistol or aeg etc. Yes it is fine to transport your guns however you see fit as long as it is concealed properly until you arrive ar your airsoft site.

Comment

Great, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Deer243 View Post
        I've just bought a 2nd hand pistol (KWA/ASG Glock 17) what will I need for maintenance? Is silicone oil enough or do I need cleaning rods and grease?
        Also, is transporting airsoft in its original box okay assuming the box itself is inside a rucksack so that any branding is not visible?
        You can get away with just using oil, but grease is a better choice in several areas. especially for things like slide rails.
        A cleaning rod is important, as with any airsoft gun. You can use a standard AEG length one, or you may get lucky and be able to find the shorter pistol length ones if you look around
        Yes, that's fine. the official guidance is that airsoft guns should be carried in a "secure fixed covering" when transported. A closed box inside a closed bag would certainly fit that bill. Make sure it's unloaded though.
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Grease for moving parts, oil for seals.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I personally just use oil - radio controlled car suspension oil (silicon) to be exact as it's nice and greasy!

Do all the moving parts and be sure to keep gas in the mags when storing and pop some oil in and around the valves too.

I find it's easier to keep an oiled gun clean over grease, as when the gun gets a little dirty you can just wipe and re-apply. That's just my opinion anyway

Comment

I use just silicon spray oil but use it liberally as it attracts dirt like crazy, also make sure you leave a small amount of gas in the mag to keep the seals under pressure.

Don't leave the gun in the box get a pistol case only about £10 keeps everything in one place and can be carried about easily enough.

Curlyboy
              'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deer243 Find out more about Deer243
              Working...
              X