Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

WE Mak, A Mind Blowing POI Question (what do you think the reason could be???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Mak, A Mind Blowing POI Question (what do you think the reason could be???)

Hi guys, i put this question on in my topic showing my new WE collectors edition makarov i got today, but i know some people dont like reading long posts so i thought i would just ask the question here and show you the pictures too..

So i got myself a brand new WE makarov, which i really like but this is the very strange thing im hoping someone can answer as its blowing my mind lol..

In the standard form, no extension barrel and no mock silencer fitted, the gun fires a bit to the left of POI, YUP another gun firing to the left, if i did not have loads of other guns that fire perfectly well, i might start thinking it was me lol..

Anyway, so it fires to the left in its standard form, but if i put the mock silencer on the gun, (with no extended inner barrel just the silencer) the gun fires perfectly straight, what the heck? :lol: how is that even possible, the BB's do not touch the inside of the mock silencer in anyway so how can if affect the POI, the inner and outta barrel are fixed so surely the silencer is not moving the barrels position. lol but i did this test 6 times each and got the same results each time.

Heres the targets, so targets on the left, the mak in standard form, target on the right, the mak with ONLY the mock silencer fitted..

Now that is strange to me, i just cant figure out how this is possible but maybe someone else will?
    Oh and as a side note i put the mock silencer on my glock 18c and it did not change the POI one bit, so that makes it even stranger to me..

So yeah ill mainly be shooting the gun with the mock silencer fitted, which in a way does wind me up a little as its not such a compact gun with it fitted and the main reason i bought it was for a compact pistol.. :lol: :lol:

Im still happy with the gun though and glad i bought it, its a stunning looking thing and being the engraved traded collectors edition helps to..

Happy Shooting all. :down2:
    ATB, Marc.. :gg:
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Re: WE Mak, A Mind Blowing POI Question (what do you think the reason could be???)

To be honest mate, those looking at the 2 groupings it looks like your shooting that's the issue (poor sight picture and grip)

What distance are the shots at?
    Last edited by wo6873; 25 February, 2016, 02:55.

Comment

Re: WE Mak, A Mind Blowing POI Question (what do you think the reason could be???)

HI mate,
      Lol yeah it's not my shooting/grip/trigger finger position /sight picture etc that's the problem trust me, it's the gun, without floating my own boat I'm a good shot, have many many guns and have been shooting years, RS as well as airguns/airsoft guns etc.. My WA Sv infinity for example same distance I get 1/2" groupings no problem, with my beretta 92fs I get pellet on pellet, obviously depending on the gun will also depend on how accurate it's capable of being, the distance here was only 6 yards in semi rested position.

ATB marc
      Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
      My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

it's probably the gas that is centering the BB inside the silencer. without the silencer the gas is just dispersed but with the silencer attached the gas needs to travel along the silencer and escape from the front. while it's trying to do that it will be applying equal pressure to the bb and holding it centre inside the silencer.
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyjebus View Post
          it's probably the gas that is centering the BB inside the silencer. without the silencer the gas is just dispersed but with the silencer attached the gas needs to travel along the silencer and escape from the front. while it's trying to do that it will be applying equal pressure to the bb and holding it centre inside the silencer.
          HI mate thank you for your reply that make sense, and sounds very plausible, your the second person to say this now..
          ATB Marc

Comment

As Jebus said. Also, the inner barrel in the gun is brass, and the inner barrel in the silencer looks like aluminium. So possibly a different level of finish on each

Comment

HI Ben, your right mate the barrels are different metals, which will not help and can explain along with the recoil while it comes undone.. but when getting the POI difference on the targets I'm not using the barrel extension..
              ATB, marc..

Comment

I would assume that the inner barrel isn't completely straight inside the outer, which I've see on a fair few GBBs, and when the suppressor is screwed in it pushes against it and centers it properly. How close is the brass inner to the end of the outer barrel? I would think it ends near to where the internal threads start for the suppressor since it's a fixed barrel design.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                  I would assume that the inner barrel isn't completely straight inside the outer, which I've see on a fair few GBBs, and when the suppressor is screwed in it pushes against it and centers it properly. How close is the brass inner to the end of the outer barrel? I would think it ends near to where the internal threads start for the suppressor since it's a fixed barrel design.
                  hello mate thanks for your reply..
                  one thing i noticed about this mak was the tolerances seem to be quite good, but your right the inner barrel could be slightly off center and i might not be able to notice just by looking at it..

the thread on the silencer is only 4.4mm long and the inner barrel is recessed 9.6mm so once the silencer is screwed into the outta barrel the thread of the silencer does not come close to touching the inner barrel at all..

lol im studying the manual as we speak looking at how to take the mak apart, it does not seem as straight forward as some other GBB's.. if i can get the outta barrel off and inner barrel out i could try and shim the inner barrel over to the right a mm.. now it could just be the case of removing 1 pin, but im not too sure as the trigger spring is very close. dont want to remove that lol...

lol ill keeping studying the pistol, i might get brave..

All the best, marc..

Comment

Hm can't be that then, not sure what it could be. My Tanaka Ladysmith shoots far left and I can't figure out why either. That Mak has an interesting design, hop up looks just like that on a KSC SIG P232/P230. I have a similar trademarked, fixed barrel WE, a Beretta 84 - like you say, good tolerances and very nice finish. Shoots straight though!

Comment

A lot of people have told me now the reason it fires straight with the mock silencer fitted is because of the airflow going through the silencer is centering the BB, i do think it could be the case.. So yeah my inner barrel must be slightly pushed to the left, i can easily sort that out if i can remove the inner barrel, but its a new gun for me and a new design so im scared to remove that pin that looks like it holds the barrel in place just in case that spring is under it and pops out and i cant put the gun back together lol dont want that on a 3 day old gun lol..

Your WE beretta mod 84 is stunning mate, i was going to get one of those myself but the only one i could get hold of was the untraded version and it has those awful WE plastic grips on it.. Yours limited edition one though is just stunning..

Comment

All i can say is, YOU HAVE TO LOVE GOOGLE..

http://oioiairsoft.com/2015/10/28/makarov-we-review/

Took me awhile but i have found a disassembly guide for the mak, its not in english but the pictures seem clear enough, so at some point tomorrow i will brave it and take the barrel off etc, and try and sort out the POI.

Comment

Well good news, ive got the mak in bits and im going to shim the inner barrel about half a mm to the right and hopefully that will sort the POI out. ill post some pictures up later once im done..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marc.RG1 Find out more about Marc.RG1
                          Working...
                          X