Good Old AK! Advice on AKs under £250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Old AK! Advice on AKs under £250

I am thinking about getting a new gun. I have used m4s for a while now and I want a change. I have roughly £250 to spend on an AK ( Well £300 if you include prices of mags and any other gun accessories I might get). I have been looking around and my eyes have fallen upon "LCT" AKs I can imagine they are all very similar internally so can anyone give advice on firstly if LCT are any good and make good guns or if they are just show pieces and secondly can anyone recommend any AK-47s, 74s, 74M, 74U well you get the idea. I dont care what type of AK but maybe if you guys could recommend some models or companies to stick with that would be great!
    Thanks in advance,
    Rory

Re: Good Old AK! Advice on AKs under £250

Lct are indeed good guns,so are cyma for the price, but lct are just gorgeous so they would get my vote
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I'm biased towards LCT a have their akmsu and akms, both rock solid build, very good quality internals and externals. Mine both run of 7.4 lipos and give great response and rate of fire.
      I've not changed anything internal and find range and accuracy is very good pushing out .28 to about 60m accurate enough for body shots, there tons of reasonably priced LCT spares and upgrades if wanting to tweak the externals.
      The metal is very good quality no pot metal anywhere so no creeks or wobbles, the wood also is well turned, if got both lct and CYMA mags for it, although you'd need to tweak the lip of the mag on the CYMA to clip in right but 2 min with file sorts it.
      On the while very happy and impressed with the whole LCT thing and if you went for one you'd not be dissapointed.
      sigpic

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I think I will definitely pick me up an LCT. Just got to chose which one. There are so many lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Also what type of FPS would they be doing. The website seems to not have the info on?

Comment

I used to be a big LCT fan(and I still am), but ever since I got my hands on an E&L AK I won't own anything else. They're just brilliant. If you can afford to stretch your budget a little further I highly reccomend you go down the E&L route. Otherwise, go LCT, you'll still love it and it will serve you well.

Comment

I have a clever ploy. I just purchases one of the newer LCTs which has a gen 3 gearbox. If the time comes because of the gen 3 compatibility I can mix and match internals with other popular AK brands like E&L. Sadly I couldnt go with an E&L because the budget just wouldnt fit. All together I spent nearly £300 including magazines which would have been the price of an E&L alone plus I chose the LCT because of its ability to fit the batteries in the stock so I didn't have to buy new ones.

Comment

I have an LCT (I think) AKM which I might part with. If you're interested in used - let me know when you decide to buy.

Comment

Sorry dude. Already brought. I dont posses a UKARA at this moment in time either so the chances are that I couldnt anyway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roryrocker13 Got into airsoft young. Been playing for around 6 years (as of Jan 2016) first gun was a Well l96. Small tip: dont get a sniper as your first gun. It requires much more patients than you will have and you will find it very hard the first couple of times. Find out more about roryrocker13
                Working...
                X