SRC XM8 GEN III or TM AUG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC XM8 GEN III or TM AUG?

which would you recommend for out of the box skirmishing?

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
    You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
    Kid has issues

Re: SRC XM8 GEN III or TM AUG?

TM AUGs are a bit creaky, fore-grip is a bit flimsy - Performance is... Well, TM; a skirmisher's favourite. - Invest in the CA or JG one, they're quite good.

SRC are great, but never handled their XM8 series. Performance is great, better than TM plastic.

Comment

well neither comes with a battery as standard, so neither of them as you cant use them out of the box. ;p

Comment

well seeing as the xm8 is just a g36 in a body kit perhaps go looking for src gen3 g36 reviews
        back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

haha smartass i have batteries i was refering to the possibility that they need upgrades and lazy marksman thanks for the help but i've heard that tm do the best and most reliable AUG's and that the foregrips are flimsy on JG TM and CA. and apparently this can be fixed by taking off the foregrip puting somesort of strong tape like duct around the bit that shakes about then puncturing a hole in it and putting it back on

You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
          Kid has issues

Comment

Originally posted by Vladraken View Post
            well neither comes with a battery as standard, so neither of them as you cant use them out of the box. ;p
            This man has a good point, first time I've read that 'out of the box' reply.

I'd go for the JG AUG if you can, although sourcing one could be difficult. Or CA if you need to.

Comment

...well ask a silly question.... As to the foregrips, unless you bash them about they are fine. Any sort of tape you put in the mechanism will just get rubbed out after moving the foregrip a few times and as i already said they are fine as long as you dont abuse them.

Any gun you buy in the uk should legally be usable out of the box, with regards to both the actual function of it and the fps its shooting at.

From the sounds of it you have already decided in your own mind what you want. If you want a proper comparison of other guns look for reviews of them. As they will go into more detail and will be from people that actually own the gun, not what someone has seen or played with for 5 mins off their mate.

Comment

kk thanks golem

Kid has issues

Comment

I own the JG AUGA2, and have friends who own both the SRC G36 and XM8 (on a unrelated note, airsoft XM25 plx?).

Personally, I wouldn't trade my AUG for either of them, but they wouldn't trade theirs for mine either. All three are pretty similar in performance and construction, so it's personal taste more than anything else.
                  Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

i was just wondering which you would recommend getting as i like both equally
                    and by 'out of the box' i was referring to if the guns would be skirmishable without upgrades sorry i didn't make that clearer

Kid has issues

Comment

Both guns are great out of the box, although SRC have a 'not so good' magwell and hop-up for their G36 series, although it may be the case with the XM8s, as they're similar.

(I'm not saying its the truth, based off what I know.)

TM have always been great, externals are just normal ABS plastic. Nothing special, other manufacturer are using Nylon Fibre injections, CA and SRC do that. (Same stuff as the real steel)

At the end of the day, again; personal taste. I prefer the AUG, favourite bullpup next to the P90. Not really a fan of H&K though.

Comment

ok looks like i'm goin for a CA then however i've heard there are problems with they're internals
                        Last edited by baffled.orange; 20 May, 2010, 21:21. Reason: spelling mistake :(

Kid has issues

Comment

ok please close.

Kid has issues

Comment

I'd say JG AUG personally, awesome gun, I really enjoy using it.

Oh, and my little review as all out of box guns
                            Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

baffled.orange "you want peggle? GO F^@K YOURSELF!" Find out more about baffled.orange
                            Working...
                            X