Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umarex VFC 417 GBB

Hi all,
    I had my first game last Saturday with Havoc Airsoft - it was an awesome day!
    I used my Marui M4 S System all stock. I used to play 10 years ago so just trying to get back into it again.

Anyway, what got me itching to do Airsoft again is the 417 GBB made by Umarex/VFC (licensed copy). I saw it last year and I really want one! Obviously I'm now working towards my UKARA so I can try and get one... I know it's sold out everywhere.

Anyway, if anyone has one and want to tell me what it's like - I'd appreciate it. How many mags should I get and what gas is good for it? Any upgrades recommended?

Thanks

I'll include a shot of me and my friend (I'm the one on left) from saturday
    skirmish.jpg
    Attached Files

Re: Umarex VFC 417 GBB

What is it like...
    Gas consumption is good, I can get around 50 rounds off with 1 fill of the magazine.
    Recoil is alright, nothing too special - infact it was pretty disappointing compared with what I saw from some videos. My WE M4 with the heavy recoil kit beats it.
    Range/ Accuracy... it does it's job but it's not amazing

How many mags you need will depends on how you play...if you're like me and don't mind reloading from a speed loader mid-game, 1x mag will suffice.

Upgrades wise I currently have a stronger buffer spring (to stop the bolt bounce problems) and a stronger hammer spring. The bolt bounce is a common issue with the stock rifles, so it's something to keep in mind (ie: stoppages)

Hopefully coming this week should be my heavy buffer, tightbore and some other bits and bobs I've forgotten about!

Weight-wise it feels lighter than the real one...
    The trades on my one are incorrect, which annoys me - I am contemplating selling my current 417 in order to get another one, with the correct trades.

Any more specific Qs, fire away!

Comment

Thank you... I probably will have more questions later especially when I get home from work.
      Is the one sold in the UK both single and auto? I've read about 'Asia versions' having auto or 3 round bursts or something?

What did you mean by incorrect trades? What are trades?
      Thanks again

Comment

Yup, my one is full auto capable, never heard of a 3 round burst one so can't comment on that.

The trades as in the markings on the side of the rifle. My one is incorrect when compared with the real one.

Comment

Originally posted by wo6873 View Post

The trades as in the markings on the side of the rifle. My one is incorrect when compared with the real one.
          Hmm strange? Thought this was a licensed rifle?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Muscleflex Find out more about Muscleflex
          Working...
          X