M4 stock (which one should I choose?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 stock (which one should I choose?)

Ok so I'm currently building a m4 have recently purchased a systema v2 gb with MOSFET from a member of the forum. I need to buy a stock for the rifle and have yet to make a decision on which one to buy because of the following issues. I want to use a 11.1v lipo however the MOSFET is going to have to go into the stock tube. Is there a stock that can hold a 11v lipo. Whilst still being half decent to look at (i.e not a solid stock)

Re: M4 stock (which one should I choose?)

Crane stock is probably your best bet, you'll be bale to use a decent sized 11.1v lipo in there with room to spare.

That said, Even a more streamline stock like the Magpul MOE or CTR can still allow you to fit a MOSFET and 11.1v LiPo in the stock tube, you'll just have to go for a lower MaH rating battery due to the size constraints. If you're not overly fussed with having smaller batteries, then pretty much any stock you like will suit seeing as everything is contained within the stock tube.

It depends on the size of the MOSFET and how much excess wiring there is to fit in there
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Thanks pal I'll wait until the gb gets here to make a final decision but from what I can remember the MOSFET is quite large

Comment

what kind of MOSFET is it?

I've had a VFC 416, which had an ASCU V2 MOSFET (they have a small external fire control computer) in the stock tube. I could fit an 11.1v LiPo in there, but I couldn't retract the stock to its closest position due to the battery and wires sticking out the end of the stock tube.

Now I have a PTW, and again, its got its MOSFET and I can fit an 11.1v stick lipo in there, and can just about close the stock all the way. But, I never find a need to have the stock fully retracted, its too close to the rifle otherwise.

SO, if your happy with that, then most stocks will suit you, but you'll have be careful what batteries you buy. There is no 'standard' sized batteries, some companies make them thinner but longer, others shorter but fatter, so you may need to do some careful research first or buy a few and see what fits
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NG5 MoSTWaNTeD Find out more about NG5 MoSTWaNTeD
        Working...
        X