Converting an m4 to a honey badger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting an m4 to a honey badger?

I've got a strange looking m4 that I managed to snag quite cheap (its full metal) and after owning it a while I feel like I've got a strange like for the honey badgers, now do I either convert it to one? How much would that cost in parts? Or should I sell this m4 off and buy one?
    This is the m4 I own ( its strange I know)

Re: Converting an m4 to a honey badger?

It can't be done. You could do something that was kind of similar but bluntly the best way to do it is to sell your gun and buy an Ares Amoeba AM-013, which is about as close as you can get.

Comment

But in theory all its missing is a long rail, silencer and a different stock?

Comment

Yes; in the same way that the only thing that separates a Fiat from a Ferrari is the Body, the Engine and the rest of the internal components.

Buying one new will be a lot easier, and likely cheaper than trying to source each of the individual parts; plus you end up with two guns at the end of it, not just one and some spare parts that are left over.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post
          Yes; in the same way that the only thing that separates a Fiat from a Ferrari is the Body, the Engine and the rest of the internal components.

Buying one new will be a lot easier, and likely cheaper than trying to source each of the individual parts; plus you end up with two guns at the end of it, not just one and some spare parts that are left over.
          I'm still in some form of disbelief as the honey badgers have the same upper and lower as the m4 and in theory most airsoft AEG's have the same internals (near enough) all I need to be close is a rail which is £40 for an 11.5 inch rail..then I'd fit a slimmer silencer (which I have).

I'm not sure if I'm missing something about this gun or? Help..

Comment

you can have a gun that has similar features to the honey badger, ie the sliding stock and a front end of your choice, the stock is about £30, you would need a free floating rail £30 and a thin-ish silencer £18 that could fit in the rail, but I cant tell you where to get them at that price
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thankyou for some input I think I've found mostly everything, I'm unsure if its compatible though.
              Sorry for the post ooops
              Last edited by Xaphor; 19 March, 2016, 13:05.

Comment

You can't link to other retailers.

Read the rules or you'll get the ban hammer
                The clown has no penis

Comment

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...c88991002b.jpg unless you feel you are up to moding the upper and lower receiver to make a honey bager you need a new stock, upper and lower reciver and outer barrel as people have said better off and much cheaper just getting an ares Amoeba
                  Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Originally posted by Xaphor View Post
                    But in theory all its missing is a long rail, silencer and a different stock?
                    No, it isn't. When you say...

Originally posted by Xaphor View Post
                    the honey badgers have the same upper and lower as the m4
                    ... you're wrong; they are completely different. The Honey Badger has a bespoke pair of receivers and a custom rail and stock. Here's a Honey Badger (top) versus a regular AR SBR (bottom):

The Honey Badger has a custom sliding collapsible stock with two flat bars; that means it has to have a custom pair of receivers (you can see the slots machined into the sides at the rear of the receivers). It has a custom stock, and that handguard and suppressor are also custom. You have approximately no chance whatsoever of making these components yourself, unless you are secretly a qualified machinist and CAD designer who owns a six-axis CNC machine. Even if you could, there would be so little of the original gun left you would be better off just buying the bits you needed to drop into your 95%-custom-made gun. Fortunately for people that want to have an airsoft Honey Badger, Ares' Amoeba AM-013 is a pretty close copy of the AAC:

If you want a Honey Badger, it's that or nothing.

Comment

[
                      [

Here's some parts from my spares box I just threw together, if you squint at it you might see it's a honey badger, but you'd be wrong
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Maybe it's a Jam Badger?
                        sigpic
                        Member of the Outlaw Gaming Airsoft Team
                        http://www.outlawgamingairsoft.co.uk
                        "It's all about the Toky"

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                          [
                          [

Here's some parts from my spares box I just threw together, if you squint at it you might see it's a honey badger, but you'd be wrong
                          That's the look I'd like to go for (a nearly honey badger) or a Bodge badger

Comment

If you're just after a somewhat similar approximation then yes; that IS do-able without *too* much trouble; but to actually make a proper HB will involve effort & money.

It's all down to what you'd be satisfied with, fella.

Comment

I'd keep your perfectly adequate m4 bb slinger, AND buy the Ares badger, thereby having 2 mag compatible guns to back each other up.
                              It's a win win situation IMHO.

P.S. that "strange looking" m4 is actually a classic army navy seal jobby, a great & quite desirable cqb gun, much too nice to wreck just to make a half arsed impression of another model.
                              Last edited by tackle; 20 March, 2016, 11:56.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Xaphor Find out more about Xaphor
                              Working...
                              X