g&p m4 sentry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g&p m4 sentry

is the hop any good on them im just wondering because some people say the hop unit is sheet :eek: or wuld i be better of going with a classic army m15 cqb

Re: g&p m4 sentry

G&P over CA any day.... Hop is as fine as M4 hops go but if M4 hops bug you like mine did just swap it out for a Madbull Ultimate hop which costs £25 and is the dogs danglies as it uses a G36 style wheel, its seriously the way forward for M4 hops.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

a friend of mine has a G+P sentry and i personally find it amazing, the range is rediculous for such as a small gun.

Comment

hop is great no problems
        my review on the gun overall:
        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52228
        Originally posted by FireKnife
        Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

As I say would seriously recommend all M4 users to get the madbull unit. The adjustment is a hell of a lot more accurate and also the age old thing of the M4 hop wheel moving on full auto after time does not happen on the madbull due to its G36 design.

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
            the range is rediculous for such as a small gun.
            Range is not affected by barrel length.

If it uses the G&P 8mm gearbox then the ROF is great even on an 8.4, I see no need to get any more out of mine. Hop unit isn't that bad, just replace the nub with a guarder clear for a fiver. Job done.
            Originally posted by fijitstiks
            they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
            Originally posted by N3ADS
            Is this you talking from experience ?..
            i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
              Range is not affected by barrel length.
              i never said it was :S i was saying the range is great, i have seen the sentry outrange other friends M16's and other rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
                i never said it was :S i was saying the range is great, i have seen the sentry outrange other friends M16's and other rifles.
                Ok then, how does gun size make a difference to range?
                they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                Originally posted by N3ADS
                Is this you talking from experience ?..
                i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

not saying it does but usually bigger better but of course not in all cases.

lets not make a debate or argument out of this

i am fully aware size isn't everything and hopup makes a big difference in range etc but i was just stating i was generally surprised when seeing the sentry was performing so well compared to other guns already listed.

Comment

Hello all

I think I’m sold on the sentry, looks like a great gun. However I have also seen the long barrel version and like the look of this as well. I have seen the long barrel version on sale from various websites but none in the UK.
                    This will be my first airsoft gun and have a couple of (possibly dumb) questions.

Would I really see a difference in accuracy with the long barrel version or is it purely cosmetic? I have read lots of post in various forums without any solid conclusion.

Has anyone seen the long barrel version on sale from a UK site? I would prefer to buy from the Uk to avoid any issues with customs and would like to get a decent warranty with it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

TiP

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble in Paradise View Post
                      Would I really see a difference in accuracy with the long barrel version or is it purely cosmetic? I have read lots of post in various forums without any solid conclusion.

Has anyone seen the long barrel version on sale from a UK site? I would prefer to buy from the Uk to avoid any issues with customs and would like to get a decent warranty with it.
                      No you wouldn't get any improvements that would matter, want to improve accuracy get a tight bore barrel.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9251

I quote

Something to note: the length of your barrel will provide no descernable performance improvement. A lot of people will say "oh a longer barrel gives more range/accuracy", thich may be true of real steel rifles, but is absolute bull in airsoft. The only time a barrel length change will have a difference is if you don't match the gearbox cylinder to the new barrel. You'll lose a lot of performance if you don't change the cylinder out as well.

Also can't link to other retailers on these forums

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pope

That’s good to know about the barrel length. I have seen the short version on a few UK sites so that could make the purchase nice and easy.

Sorry, It did not click when writing my original post asking for links to other retailers

That’s a good guide you linked me to, at the moment quite a bit went over my head but I’m still in the early stages of learning about airsoft guns. Its like discovering pc’s all over again…

Comment

I had this gun before and everything is great,I agree that this gun has got good range and believe me external of this gun is the best out of all gun (in my persona view only) Get one if you can and you are gonna love it

Comment

Can anyone suggest a Lipo-Battery that will fit into the stock and will not break the gun before it's time.

I have had a good read around the use of Lipo-batteries and they seem to be the way forward. I think I get the calculations aound how they work but I can not find (or they are there and I dont understand) the specs on the G&P website relating to the battery. :S

I'm looking for a good balance between ROF and how long the battery will last without causing any damage.

Cant wait to get my grubby mitts on this gun ...

Comment

Ive got a sentry and it is generally awesome. There is one annoyance though which is the locking problem in semi, it gets worse as your battery declines in charge and is starting to bug me a fair bit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KALASH92 I LOVE AIRSOFT Find out more about KALASH92
                              Working...
                              X