Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to upgrade my TM P90?

Hey guys

So i used to have a TM recoil scar but didnt really get on with the weight and size of it. I sold it and grabbed a TM P90.

I love the P90 and its exactly what I want, but mine is totally stock and I feel that I want to put some more money into it to make it the best it can be!

I primarily play woodlands, but rather short distance, so my aim here would be power and accuracy rather than more rounds per second.

I know very little about upgrades, so wanted advice on what I need to be asking for at my local shop to get this gun to its best!

I was thinking tight bore barrel, hop rubber, bushings, new spring?

Have i missed something here/got anything wrong?

Cheers!

Re: How to upgrade my TM P90?

The p90 has one of the best hop units stock and will out range a lot of guns you want improve accuracy try heavier BBs and spend time setting the hop. If a TM ain't broke don't touch it.
    Reformed Pacifist

Comment

i already ise .25's its alright but not as great as a lot of competitors, i have the money so may as well make it the best it can be

Comment

Step 1, 6.03 EG Prometheus Barrel standard length
        Step 2 A good hop rubber (Gaurder Blue)
        Step 3 Upgraded piston, piston head, M95 spring and cylinder
        Step 4 Metal gearbox bushes
        Done

Comment

I'd add a O ring Nozzle to step 3 maybe - complete the compression upgrade.
          I've had good results with Lonex parts (blue piston is high recommended), but I think SHS make good stuff for the money (only experienced their gears, other may know better)

Comment

Hi
            I recently bought a TM P90 which was about 10 years old (but still in very good nick), was shooting around 280FPS on .20g bbs at a rate of around 14-16 rounds per second on an 11.1v Lipo

Within less than 24hours of owning it i did the following:
            Took the gearbox apart
            Degreased all the parts, washed them clean before slow baking the metal parts (around 110C) to quickly get rid of moisture so rust doesn't set in
            Re shimmed it to the bevel gear (had helical gears weirdly, first time i ever worked on those)
            White grease on gears, LT2 on other moving parts, thick silicone grease on piston head and inside cylinder
            PTFE taped Cylinder head
            Changed motor from TM standard one to a G&P M120 motor
            Spring changed to a SP/M90 spring
            Installed a Gate Nano AAB Mosfet
            Changed wiring so that it is wired to Deans

Everything else was left stock this meant the bushings, gears, spring guide, ARL, Cylinder, Cylinder hear, piston, tappet plate, air nozzle, hop up chamber, barrel and hop up rubber and bucking.

P90 now shoots around 345FPS +/- 5FPS on .20g bbs and 309FPS +/- 1 on .25g BBs at a rate of around 25 to 26RPS, range is pretty good and straight enough for me as it will essentially be a CQB weapon.

I am awaiting a triple rail mount for it so i can replace the supplied red dot sight and mount my RS EoTech 552 Holosight.

Overall i must say that this is possible the easiest gun to take apart and work one, one button press and two screw to access the gearbox, oh the joy!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

infernouk Find out more about infernouk
            Working...
            X