Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual comm set up help needed

Evening all,

Today my Google fu has failed me, I am looking for a way to run two kenwood radios through one ptt and one headset, has anyone done this before? If so what set up should I be looking at? Preferred headset is either bowman style or comtacs/sordins (already have these in the ztactical flavour)

Thanks in advance!
    WANTED:

Sordins or Comtac II's with Motorola 2pin connector!

PM me if you're selling some!

Re: Dual comm set up help needed

I assume you'll be carrying both? and are you looking to reply to both radios at the same time or one at a time?

Comment

Running two radios through one earpiece doesn't ever work. You can do it for sure, TEA make a PTT called the g-switch which will allow you to have 2 radios go into one earpiece.... But if both radios receive a transmission at the same time all you'll get is noise in your ear.

If you need/want a dual comm setup you'll be better off with a dual comm headset, MSA make a dual comm sordins headset but they're hard to come by, Peltor do a dual comm Comtac which is more available. Either way though you'll need one PTT per radio as the headsets come with two downleads.

Comment

I'll be carrying both and looking to reply individually (one for marshalling, one for team comms)
        WANTED:

Sordins or Comtac II's with Motorola 2pin connector!

PM me if you're selling some!

Comment

It's not the talking that's a problem, it's listening; if 2 both radios receive a transmission at the same time you won't hear either. It's also fairly difficult to determine which one the transmission came from when just one of them receives as well.

Trust me on this, listening to lots of frequencies all at once is what I do for a living, having 2 in one ear isn't feasible, one voice per ear.

Comment

Dual com comtacs work a treat by having each of the radios get an ear each but bother than that with a dual PTT one Rx will take priority and cut out the other.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

That said, I'm looking at the TCI copy that Z Tac have just made - I might test it. Also, I use Baofeng UV8s which have a dual PTT on them plus I connect it to a fist mic (with dual PTT as is designed for that radio) with an ear piece so it's still ninja stealth.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ging_thats_me Find out more about Ging_thats_me
              Working...
              X