Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London based newbie & misfire on aeg

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Andrew from SW London, new to the forum and new to the world of airsoft. I got into airsoft after watching a ton of videos on Youtube and was hooked straight away. I used to be in the Territorial Army when I lived in Edinburgh and have had the desire to rejoin, but the Mrs wasn't happy about that!! I found airsoft and she was happy with that......so here I am.

Firstly, are there any other London based players on the forum, if so, where do you play mostly? I have been to Blitz CQB in Whitechapel and know of Bunker 51, Tactical Airsoft in Croydon, aswell as the sand pit in Dartford. Aside from these sites, can anyone recommend anywhere else to try out which are nearby? I don't mind driving up to about 2/3 hours away, but ideally as close to London as possible. I am looking to getting into Milsim events in the near future too, so fingers crossed I can get involved in some of those longer games.

I currently have a few guns (PHOTOS BELOW), I started off with an Ares Amoeba AM-013 and have since purchased a Co2 Taurus PT99 side arm, and my latest project has been a non-firing M4 which I have played around with and turned into a DMR style M4 with the addition of a load of bits bought from all over the internet. The project build has had it's slight hicups, like the original handguard and barrel nut not fitting over the outer barrel, and then the mock silencer not fitting in the replaced handguard......along with a few other issues which have been resolved and the gun is now almost complete and firing....albeit with a slight misfire......which I cannot quite figure out the cause of. It sometimes fires without any issues, but sometimes, every now and again it'll misfire a shot or 2 before resuming firing. Can anyone shed some light on this at all? The internals are an SHS M120 gearbox with a prowin hop up and a JBU 6.01 inner barrel using ASG Armalite Low Cap 85rnd magazines or Ares Amoeba Mid Caps.

Can anyone shed some light on the misfiring at all?

I hope to meet as many of you as possible in the future and look forward to playing some more airsoft.

Cheers

Re: London based newbie & misfire on aeg

So it makes all the right sounds on this misfire just no bb? Do you then get a double shot? It always just skips one random bb? Semi or full auto or both settings?

Comment

Originally posted by JFSebastien View Post
      So it makes all the right sounds on this misfire just no bb? Do you then get a double shot? It always just skips one random bb? Semi or full auto or both settings?
      Thanks for the reply.

In response to your question, it makes all the right sounds but no BB comes out the end......no double shot upon second pull of trigger. Happens on both semi and full auto.

Comment

Hmm, happens with all of the magazines?

Comment

Originally posted by JFSebastien View Post
          Hmm, happens with all of the magazines?
          From what I can tell yes. Maybe less so with the Ares magazines but it still does happen on occasion.

Comment

1. Check the BB feed Nozzle isn't damaged or clogged
            2. Try pushing up on the magazines as you fire and see if the issue stops, could be they don't sit right in the magwell
            2. I'd Google 'Midcap Maintenance' and watch some videos on how to clean them and make sure they're feeding properly

Comment

Cant help with your technical question Im afraid! But I live in Croydon and had no idea there was an airsoft site in Croydon! So wanted to say thanks for letting me know that! :P Since moving to London Ive been playing at the Mall in Reading and Ironsight in Basingstoke, trying to find sites that are both actually *in* London and not horrifically expensive has been a bit of a pain!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                Cant help with your technical question Im afraid! But I live in Croydon and had no idea there was an airsoft site in Croydon! So wanted to say thanks for letting me know that! :P Since moving to London Ive been playing at the Mall in Reading and Ironsight in Basingstoke, trying to find sites that are both actually *in* London and not horrifically expensive has been a bit of a pain!
                Hey mate, It's called Tactical Warfare Airsoft. It's a woodland site near Biggin Hill Airport. I've never personally played there but wouldn't mind a game there at some point. Let me know if you decide to go and I can come join.

Cheers

Comment

Will definitely be going there at some point, probably for the game theyve got at the end of this month! Me and my airsofting housemate both ride motorbikes rather than car, so lugging several tonnes of kit and guns halfway across the country on bikes sucks pretty hard :P Having a more local site will make life much better!

Comment

A great woodland site in south London is red1 Chislehurst, also they will be opening up a new site by the Thames barrier on a disused passenger ferry called Das Boot
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                      A great woodland site in south London is red1 Chislehurst, also they will be opening up a new site by the Thames barrier on a disused passenger ferry called Das Boot
                      Das Boot sounds EPIC!! Have you ever played the other Red1 site, the schoolhouse I think it's called?

Comment

I've been there loads of times, it's a nice little site but can get overcrowded, although it has a second part which is in a wooded area that has lots of structures, I actually prefer red1s other site in Chislehurst
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Not sure about the Feeding, might be a problem with the Mags, as my batch of HexMags would get stuck, then feed again....
                          either that or it could be that the mags don't seat properly OR that the Hop Up Chamber doesn't reach far enough down- that's what happened in my ICS M4 when I swapped out a Hop Unit!

OR it could be that your tappet plate is mis-aligned, so that when the gears spool up, it doesn't go back far enough to load a BB....

I mostly play at ZED Adventures BattleLakes down in Kent/Tunbridge Wells, I'm also SW London (ish, White City) and it takes about an Hour to travel from where I am, Same applies for 'The Mall' in Reading!

I'm planning to head out to UCAP/RED1 etc soon!!!
                          *Boop

Comment

I'd suggest tappet plate issue as above. If everything else sounds fine and dandy but nothing is actually coming out its likely it's the tappet. Provided you are satisfied that all your mags are in working order.

This would be the first place I'd look. Worth carrying tappet plates, fire selector plates and a few other pieces handy and ready to hand should you ever need to your gun having spares on hand is always gonna be useful.

Re skirmishing there's a game in Oxted I'm looking at going to this Sunday. If you can get to Walton on Thames I'd be happy to give you a lift as I can't imagine carrying all your gear on the back of a motorbike is sounds like a bit of a pain!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AJBRUCE4884 Find out more about AJBRUCE4884
                            Working...
                            X