Non airsoft co2 pistol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non airsoft co2 pistol.

Hey guys, after some advice & possible recommendations, I've got an assortment of airsofter pistols for skirmishing, but I'm after a much higher fps pistol, ideally still 6mm, for target shooting but that will also double up as a ratter ?.
    My predicament is that we've got chickens and ducks, never really had any real rodent problems, prob helped having 5 dogs & 2 cats (at the time), unfortunately the best ratter dog & cat have both passed away, plus my new neighbor has begun tearing down every aspect of his property & extensive grounds, which may have driven pests from his property on to mine, specifically under the chicken houses etc.
    I've got an air rifle, but it's way too powerful to use for this purpose (34 ft pounds ?), & don't really want to invest in a dedicated air pistol, I'd much rather run something like we use for skirmishes, but more suited for targets & rodents.
    Sorry for the life story lol, my question is " what's a good mag fed pistol with loads more power ?"
    Thanks in advance guys.
    Mark

Re: Non airsoft co2 pistol.

Hi mark, ok this post could get touchy mate lol..

No 6mm co2 powered gun will be capable of humanly killing a rodents of any type, and should not be used to try really..
    To humanly kill say a small rodent even at very close range you need a minimum of around 6ft/lbs really and no 6mm co2 gun will give you anywhere near that power, nor will a 4.5mm steel BB firing pistol, or pellet pistol.

A target pellet pistol will give you around 5ft/lbs, Personally if you want a gun to use to kill rodents you need to buy a springer or pcp rifle giving you around 10 - 11.5ft/lbs depending on what one you get, you can get a full power springer very cheaply..

Also the UK legal power limit of an air rifle is 12ft /lbs, unless you put it on a firearms certificate..

If you want a replica pistol for target shooting or plinking there are lots to choose from..

All the best, marc..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Hi Marc, thanks for the advice, yeah I'm aware of the the average powers of legal pistols & rifles, but I'm out of touch with what's on the market, having not dabbled for some years, I guess I was hoping someone would recommend some uber new bit of kit that covers my needs........ Lol, bit lazy on my part I know.
      Regarding my rifle, it's an upgraded hw77k, old as the hills & I've had it for at least 20 years, registered on a relative's FAC so technically all above board, & obviously on the rare occasions it gets used I, or he sometimes, are ultra careful regarding where when & how, which is why I couldn't consider using it for my current problem, the close proximity of housing & people is just too risky.
      Unfortunately, while my knowledge of current kit on the market is limited, choices seem to be numerous moody Chinese knockoffs, or uber expensive PCP kit, or so my research would have me believe..........decisions decisions lol.
      I'll trawl the dedicated s/h sites, see what floats my boat.
      Thanks again.
      Mark

Comment

I think Marc is right.

My 2 cents, I don't think there will be a blowback airsoft pistol thats even remotely 'powerful' enough. Even things like the G&G Extreme 'only' clock 400 FPS or so, which is still no where near powerful enough to humanly eliminate a rodent (heck, we use sniper rifles at 500 FPS in game!)

Even a Dan Wesson without restrictor shells I don't think would get powerful enough, and they can hit nearly 600 FPS, albeit only for a few rounds.

In short (and this is where my knowledge of such things runs out) I don't think there is any airsoft pistol that would do your job. You would certainly be able to scare them and possibly wound them but thats not really fair on them. If you're going for a kill shot then do it properly. I think you'll have to look outside of airsoft for this!
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Hi mark, no problem mate.
          yeah unfortunately nothing new like that is available, lol would be nice though a..

For £100 or a tad more or less if you buy second hand with get you a good enough springer rifles to get rid of rats no problem, lol but yeah who wants to plink with a springer, well i know people do but im not one of them i hate springers lol, not a lover of PCP's either, i do thing they are great for what they are meant for either hunting or HFT etc but i find them boring to shoot..

Ok heres something you might want to have a look at then mate, although i said personally i would not use a gun thats under 10ft/lbs to kill a rodent with (ill add im a target shooter anyway, im too soft to hunt lol)
          have a look at the SMK Victory CP1-M its a multi shot target pellet pistol powered by 12g capsule, now it pains me to say this but, as its 5.5ft/lbs at very close range is could/may do the job you want on a small rat, lol but i would also stick to my guns and say 10ft/lbs minimum is best..

lol buy a few more cats mate it will be easier and less hassle..
          Some Guns In My Collection:
          Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
          My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tackle 53 & a bit fat now but still knackered. Find out more about tackle
          Working...
          X