Bb carrying in the field.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb carrying in the field.

So your there, stalking across the milsim field.
    Hours of prep have gone into your kit.
    Your gun an elegant weapon of mass destruction.
    Your sidearm a lethal final solution.

Your stalk your prey, moving closer to get that perfect shot.
    Your side pouch catches a twig and then it happens. No not the snap of the wood traitor but worse.
    That mo,net as your spare bottle of bb's betrays you and rattles like a maracas wielded by a psychopathic Spanish dancer.

So the question is...and this probably goes more with the long game milsim types.
    But how do you carry those extra rounds out in the field?
    Where I'm playing this way we have a 7 hour game, your only allowed 800bbs preloaded into magazines. Any refills must be carried separately from the mags.

Re: Bb carrying in the field.

There were some bb bags around a while back, seemed very popular but not seen any for a while.
    Essentially a strong square cloth bag that has a pop bottle neck & lid sewn in to the corner, very quiet to carry apparently.
    Think they were a bit of a cottage industry jobby, might be worth shouting out on the fb pages for one.
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
      There were some bb bags around a while back, seemed very popular but not seen any for a while.
      Essentially a strong square cloth bag that has a pop bottle neck & lid sewn in to the corner, very quiet to carry apparently.
      Think they were a bit of a cottage industry jobby, might be worth shouting out on the fb pages for one.
      Mark
      They can still be found on a popular auction site
      Originally posted by Hawk
      The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Easy enough to make yourself tbh. I've never carried extra ammo on me, partly out of laziness. If I run out, I head back to sz for a brew and bomb up ready for the next game. Never played any game longer than 2 hours so don't know how I'd fare in a 7 hour game.

Comment

These!

The BB Bag in question mentioned earlier! :D Someone on these forums was making them years ago for about a fiver a pop, got 2 of them, they hold about 1500 bb's each and theyre bloody fantastic. No rattling at all, and theyre also exactly the same size as a double M4 mag pouch when fully filled.

Comment

I'm figuring I might try and make one. Got some old dpm bottoms, cotton,needle and coup,e of empty coke bottles along with a hot glue gun......

Comment

As above really. You want a soft outer shell which stops the BBs hitting the outer container and making noise. Whilst the BBs can and will still touch each other and make some noise its likely to be less. If you either fill the bags as seen above full there won't be any room for them to move about, hence no noise, or, simply fill it with as many rounds as you want/need, then roll the bag up and either tape, tie, bungee cord, elastic bands or whatever the bag so theres no more wiggle room for the BBs.

Also think about where you keep them on your rig. Basically you don't want them to have space to wiggle round. The BBs bags can either be made yourself if you're confident, or some simple Google searches will probably find them.
              sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I'm no pro with a needle and thread and this was pretty much cobbled together on the fly without much planning.
                But...its secure, it's got around 2000-2500 bb's in it....so jobs a good un.image.jpg

Comment

Little more time and now they are a pair. Should both fit easily into a utility pouch with a small can of gas for my pistol.
                  image.jpg

Comment

I tend to try and play games with ammo limits, and it's usually 600 in mags, however, if I want to carry extra, I'll use chewing gum tubs, as, when full to the limit, (hence no noise) they take 600 bb's more or less exactly, and stragely enough, the slightly larger chewing gum tubs take 800..job done, hope this helps..:-)
                    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I might try and make something when I have some spare time, maybe a metal tube with threads and a cap. Like a plastic bottle but in a straight cylinder. Then you could try and install some sort of spring onto the bottom of the cap. This will keep all the bbs under pressure and avoid rattling like steve said above, though it should work until you are just under half empty you could distribute the BB's between two devices to stop rattling if one starts to act out it's life long desire to be a tactical maraca!

Comment

I run between 6 and 8 mids , for in field reloads I carry my spares in a bag I knocked up and I mod'ed a speed loader to attach to said BB bag (have heard about lots of complex and convoluted answers I prefer KISS ��) , loads of ammo no rattle !

From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Thats a damn good idea...!

Comment

My friend use to put an old sock inside his BB bottle and i hate to admit it, it really did work as a cheap quick solution

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ghostwalker 43 year old airsoft newbie, former tournament paintballer and marshal. Ex TA RGJ, WW2 hstory buff. Find out more about ghostwalker
                            Working...
                            X