Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS TransforM4 CXP-UK1 260

Hello,

I have recently purchased a ICS TransforM4 CXP-UK1 260 and would love to attach a silencer to it, but I'm having some problems figuring out how to do it (I'm new to airsoft).

Had a look around and it seems i need a longer barrel (6.02mm x 363mm) so i can then attach a silencer but then how would i go about attaching the silencer to the gun? If anyone has this gun and could give me some advise that would be great as I'm struggling to work out how it would be done.

Thanks in advance,

R

Re: ICS TransforM4 CXP-UK1 260

Usually most cheap airsoft suppressors will screw directly onto the outer barrel once you've removed the flash hider. You'll find (normally) a 14mm CCW thread on the end. Just unscrew the flash hider (some have a grub screw in them, others are glued, others are just stiff). Unscrew that to reveal the threads and screw your suppressor on.

Other suppressors are QD or Quick Detach. These clamp onto the flash hider directly so theres no unscrewing things. Also means you can remove it and still have a flash hider. These however, are more expensive and some come with a proprietary flash hider so the suppressor can attach.

I don't see why you'd need a longer barrel, unless what you mean is you want to attach a suppressor and then run a longer inner barrel through your outer barrel and into the suppressor. Whilst you can do this, you'll lose the ability to remove the suppressor (the inner will be sticking out and you don't want that getting damaged, bent, filled with mud etc). Also, by doing so, you won't gain any appreciable advantage in range or accuracy. All you'll have is a longer gun which can be more of a hindrance.

If you're new to airsoft its best to leave your rifle stock for a few games and see what its like. Theres no real need to rush into things and just upgrade everything for the sake of it, most guns are perfectly fine if left alone to begin with!
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Re: ICS TransforM4 CXP-UK1 260

Thanks for the advise! Very much appreciated!

R

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ryanxwhite Find out more about ryanxwhite
      Working...
      X