Scopes in CQB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scopes in CQB

Hiya guys. I'm putting together a WE M4 gas rifle as a new primary and have been looking into some of the accessories that might suit what I'm trying to create.

I'd quite like a 1-4 rifle scope, but I'm worried that it might be hugely impractical in my usual concrete CQB playground.

I know for CQB magnification is pointless, and having peripheral vision is key, which is why I'm asking I suppose. Has anyone used one of these scopes in an indoor CQB site that's got low lighting with success, or am I walking into yet another scope that will live in the cupboard waiting for "the right gun"?

Re: Scopes in CQB

From my experience you are better off getting a T1 Micro dot or similar for CQB.

They can be used with both eyes open and make quick target acquisition easier. It doesn't really matter at what angle your head is at in relation to the sight and that is a huge bonus in CQB.

It can be done with a zoom sight dialed down, but that's not what they are really for. The Eye relief can be quite specific, so you will need your head positioned correctly to get a good sight picture, which isn't really suited to a CQB environment. There is also the issue of light. These sights don't always have illuminated reticules and being a long thin tube don't deal with darkness too well.

The best suggestion is a red dot with a x3 flip down adapter. It will pretty much cover all you need in airsoft.

CBH

Comment

Hiya CBH.
      All noted bud, thank you for confirming most of my fears.

I guess in the world of practical shooting (with firearms) they are ideal, and I totally get that.
      It's such a shame these scopes would give a dark sight picture. They really look awesome on DMR styled AR's.

I guess I'd better start looking into some of the red dot sights that I don't already own.

Regards
      Jim

Comment

Your right that they look great on certain rifles. You could buy both! Maybe get into woodland skirmishes as an excuse! ;-)

Comment

I personally prefer no optics for cqb. I have a WE M4 which I used a lot for CQB and felt that adding extra weight to the rifle for a whole day of running around wasn't worth the possible benefit of slightly faster target acquisition.

Comment

Be prepared to get the lens shot out, invest in a protector of some kind or use a cheep red/green dot that you won't mind replacing.
            Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Or don't listen to all the naysayers. Visionking short dot all the way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Lmao Jonny. I'm just worried I'll add another scope to the shelf of unused scopes lol. Got a trademarked spectre DR that has little use at the mall due to its fixed magnification.

I think I'll remain open minded for now, and look into both options.... I'm still waiting on parts to finish the rifle so I've got plenty of time to work out what is viable and what would be wasteful.

Comment

Visionking shortdot on minimum magnification with both eyes open works well.

Seconded on the lens protector tho.
                  Originally posted by tackle
                  For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

I'm a little worried about the 1.25 zoom. Would much rather it was a simple 1x, but that would mean going for something like a viper. (Which I don't mind doing, but it's a lot of money to be considering)

Comment

Think the main thing is dont get a clone.

I have a short dot and also a rs t1 stye sight, makes a huge difference
                      FOR SALE
                      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Let me know when you come down next, if im about you can try out the short dot.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

One middle ground option might be the scopes that also have a red dot on top or a dot sight with a magnifier.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

James's Find out more about James's
                          Working...
                          X