Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Complete newbie with too many questions on where to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete newbie with too many questions on where to start.

Hi guys,

Been playing with the idea for a while and now the sports season for me has finished i need something to fill in the time i have.

I have never been airsofting but have viewed it plenty of times, but im looking to get a starters view on where to go and how to join local people who are like minded.

I would be interested in either the south coast/northwest of the uk area to play in, and would get a starter gun and i have most of the kit (army kit/webbing/boots) as i work
    In the sector already so have quite abit lying around.

I would need a starter rifle/sub machine gun and a side arm, which reading up i would presume it would be electric to get me into it. Face mask and bits and pieces would be needed.

So i ask, what would be the best way to get into it?

I would be up for getting a second hand rifle from here too once i got my required license/ vkara.

Budget is around 200 all in to start,

And any info you guys could give me would be great!

Ste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Complete newbie with too many questions on where to start.

I would suggest rent for your first couple of games so you can get the feel for how you play then tailor what you want from that.

Find your nearest site most woodland sites are good to start in as CQB can be a bit OTT, You can google Airsoft map uk to find your nearest site.

Curlyboy
    'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Really good site in Oxted ideal for starting out, friendly bunch and not too serious just a good laugh. Renting is probably best to start but that said I jumped right in and bought a few guns and lots of gear to begin with. However this is a hobby that can quickly get expensive...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

I am right on the south coast so Portsmouth area.

I would be willing to buy one straight away after a few rounds, is it best just to turn up and go for it?

What sort of prices do sessions cost?

Comment

I'd really recommend coming to the site I play at in Oxted really welcoming and friendly I've not long been playing myself and turned up by myself first time around and felt like a pretty relaxed place and a good number of friendly regulars.

Has 25 acres and is ideal for newcomers as it is woodland with a couple of forts etc.

Going rate is around £20 for most sites outside of m25.

Have you given much thought to your style of game play would recommend your generic AEG rifle to begin with . Can pick up pretty decent starter gear all in for a couple of hundred.

Essential kit list is as below.

Good footwear- walking boots or similar is perfect ideally with above ankle support. Most common airsoft injury is a twisted ankle.

Eyewear - plenty of types to choose from with varying degrees of protection.

Mesh, it's OK but can limit visibility, but it doesn't fog.

Goggles, they are great in terms of protection but can and will fog up.
          Glasses - good for visibility but not sure it all sites allow them, tend to fog up less but ensure you get wraparound .

Face masks or mesh results in avoiding painful face hits - not essential but it's up to you, more players than bit wear them and some sites insist.

Gloves not essential but again recommended.

Chest rig- very handy but not essential to begin with. Helps you keep everything you need close to hand.

Comment

I live in Portsmouth too, a great site is ****** ***** in farnham, Ground Zero is also a great site but quite full on for new players as rather than rounds it is a whole day of battle. You can pick up a brand new combat machine for £120 charger and battery for £40 on top and the remaining £40 to get proper face protection ( glasses and mesh is best in my opinion) and maybe a cheaper sight or spare mag. Hope I helped!

Comment

Definitely invest in at least 2 iron ideally 3 mags total

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett View Post
                I live in Portsmouth too, a great site is ****** ***** in farnham, Ground Zero is also a great site but quite full on for new players as rather than rounds it is a whole day of battle. You can pick up a brand new combat machine for £120 charger and battery for £40 on top and the remaining £40 to get proper face protection ( glasses and mesh is best in my opinion) and maybe a cheaper sight or spare mag. Hope I helped!
                Ahh you would be perfect to talk too!

Im looking at mask/goggles/mesh now and i really cant find a definitive answer to a good style/place of purchase any ideas?

Comment

So, there is a shop called UKMC pro in portsmouth, they sell all sorts of tactical gear bar the actual weapons themselves, for eyewear I picked up the RADIANS OUTBACK SAFETY GLASSES CLEAR LENS (you can type that into the search bar of the website. They are amazing glasses and barely fog up. Zero one would be a good place to buy the raider from, I would get the CM16 Raider-L with a ZOBAT8C1 battery, you can use a ZOBAT8C2 but they are a little too big for the G&G stock so you need to extend it a bit but in return you get a longer lasting battery, but the first one is a 1600 mah and should be fine if you aren't too trigger happy.The A2PC charger is what I use for my NIMH batteries. Mesh is okay to buy from amazon, I personally have a cheapy £10 from amazon with a skull mask because it doesn't need to be as rigorous as eye pro, so the world's your oyster with that, just get something that looks cool and has a good price.

I will pm you the links in accordance!

Feel free to PM me on any other questions you may have!

Comment

thanks!!

I shall pop into the store in pompey, to get a better fitting!

I would probably go for a second hand weapon from a forums such as this, what makes should i be looking out for?

Would probably go for a Pistol to start, as id rent for the first few time and then 100-150 for a first starter weapon, what makes should i look out for or are a good start to learn?

Ste

Comment

Can I use a G&G 11.1v 1100mAh 20C LiPo Battery will be ok with the gun as my friend said that the voltage is too high and on another site, they said that this gun was '11.1v capable'. Also I'm unsure as to wheather I can use it because it's not a nunchuck battery.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stedaley19 Find out more about stedaley19
                      Working...
                      X