X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gas to use?

Hi all

Been looking around on the forum and have now joined

I have bought a TM glock 17 gen 3 and am having trouble to decide on what gas to use. I have a bottle of WE NUPROL 2.0 and wondering if i should use that or should i buy another gas?

Thanks
    Will

Re: What gas to use?

Best to use Abbey Ultra Predator gas mate

WE NUPROL is essentially green gas which is too powerful for GBB with plastic slides in the summer like Tokyo Marui

Comment

Hi Will,
      Im sure your get a few answers here mate.

As you can see i have a few different cans of gas and have used quite a few other types too, if your in the UK, i would say green gas will be fine for your TM Glock, i use green gas all the time in my TM pistols.

What i would say though, try a few different brands if you like, and see what one you like the best, for me airsoft surgeon gas works best in all my guns giving a little more power, less cool down and its consistent, but it is also the most expensive gas at £16, which is why i do not use it all the time. I found nuprol 2.0 to be an ok gas, i found it quite oily though which is the silicone, its not a bad thing but i found it too oily really. But yeah i say as you have it just use it up.

Now some people including manufacturers say dont use high power green gas, like the nuprol, in stock TM's because of the plastic slides and tell you to use 144a gas, personally in the UK i dont think you need to worry to much about that, i dont anyway. As you can see i have some 144a but have only used it a handful of times lol, its way to weak for my liking, maybe in the hottest summer days it will be ok and give ok power, i will see on that.

So yeah use the nuprol up try some 144a weak gas if you like for very very hot days, then just try some other brands if you want, to find one that is easy for you to get and performs ok and stick with it, hope this helps and i have not made the decision harder lol..

ATB, Marc..
      Some Guns In My Collection:
      Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
      My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Thanks both for the reply

So i am thinking 20c or under then use the NUPROL but over that then use the abbey predator ultra gas?

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
          Best to use Abbey Ultra Predator gas mate

WE NUPROL is essentially green gas which is too powerful for GBB with plastic slides in the summer like Tokyo Marui
          Ahhhhh the good old myth that Tokyo Marui cant handle green gas or propane in the summer.

Especially TMs newer models Green Gas or propane is nothing to worry about.
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Rule of thumb. If ifs below 10C use stronger gases WE Black or Abbey Ultra, above go with 144a ..
            Propane is cheaper option but will kill your seals in long run
            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Abbey gas for plastic tm guns lad and avoid nuprol like the plague

Comment

Propane.

Comment

Ok thanks all for the advice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

willster Find out more about willster
                  Working...
                  X