CM16 SR-XL battery woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CM16 SR-XL battery woes

The CM16 SR-XL doesn't come with a battery, I would like to get a li-po as I hear that they're good but I'm unsure wheaather to get a 9.6v or 11.1v battery, the best I could find is a G&G 11.1v 1100mAh 20C LiPo Battery, but friend said that the voltage is too high but on another site, they said that this gun was '11.1v capable'. Also I'm unsure as to wheather I can use it because it's not a nunchuck battery.

Also does anyone know if a put regular m4 mags into the SR-XL?

Re: CM16 SR-XL battery woes

Copied from another site regarding the CM-16 XL

The MOSFET has a low voltage cut-off and appears to draw current continuously. If the voltage drops too low, the MOSFET will disable the gun and a red LED on the board will flash.

8.4v NiMH batteries DO NOT RUN this rifle.

While the rifle will run on 7.4v LiPo batteries, anything less than approx. 2200mAh isn't enough to guarantee the rifle will run for any length of time, if at all.

We do recommend 2600 2Leg LiPo batteries however the stock will not close without modification to the Stock Tube.

Regular M4 mags will fit fine in this,
    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Ive got the G&G SRXL and i was told you can run that lipo and i am but the downside to the lipo ive got is the stock cant move it forward

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got the little SRS and I run a 7.4v 1200mah turnigy nano-tech nunchuck battery in it. I've got 2 batteries which easily last all day. No issues with the fet, and the stock has full movement. Personally I wouldn't risk running an 11.1v in it, in my opinion the reduced life span and risk of things breaking isn't worth the extra few rps.

Comment

Some of the very first SRx guns seemed to work ok with 7.4v

However though G&G suggest 7.4v or 9.6v in most of the mauals
          Later guns dropped the 7.4v suggestion and G&G themselves suggested using 9.6v or 11.1v - 20c rating max for their Hog range of guns
          these use the 25k orangey motor

G&G have had a "number" of ETU units that may not function as expected and was looking to replace these ETU units if needed
          (unclear who foots the return shipping bill to a G&G tech)

BUT there are plenty of reports of ETU guns being a bit picky on 9.6v with fussy ETU's
          Yes early guns like SR & FFR A2 said 7.4v or 9.6v in manual
          but I'm 100% certain in some guns like the Hog manuals they dropped 7.4v & put in a 11.1v 20c max lipo

The gun is fine or not at high risk on 11.1v 20c using choking small tamiya connections,
          the trigger contacts - one of 3 micro switches will not burn out as the ETU has a mosfet on board its pcb
          so all 3 micro switches inside the ETU trigger will not fry themselves to death on 11.1v

The FFR A2 has the lame 18k motor inside
          Think the SR... range has the blue powerful motor maybe ( a smidge quicker than stock 18k motor)
          The Predator/Hog range I think has a 25k orange motor inside - but still not ultra insane speed and torque tbh like most stuff on most guns out of box

Running 11.1v on the ETU's will not smash box to bits with piston Pre Engagement etc....
          The RoF will increase but will only really hit just under or just over 20rps depending on motor inside (18rps to say 23rps)

As long as you use a 20c 11.1v and not something crazy like 40c+ lipo
          and you do not replace the G&G motor for a much faster/stronger motor it will be fine
          (or G&G would not have put 11.1v in the Hog manual)

Changing stock motor is not wise - the unit and wiring is not suited to handle large current
          My own ETU just gave up the ghost when I put in a neo chaoli in there - so don't go stupid

Guns are fine to use on 11.1v low burst rating like 20c as said in manual if your gun's ETU seems a bit picky
          If you have further concerns then speak direct to retailer or enquire about returning for ETU replacement or refund in new gun seems faulty

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chazmo Find out more about Chazmo
          Working...
          X